Chapter 38: We Need To Leave

Sam

"Come on! You can kick harder than that!" Bruce yelled laughing.

"Stay focused Kyrn!" Isaac laughed at Kyrn who was breathing very hard.

"Oh shut up," she yelled and punched him in the gut.

"Oof!" Isaac groaned falling to his knees and holding his stomach.

"That's my girl," Trey praised throwing his arm over Kyrn's shoulder.

"Thanks," she spoke nervously.

"Why can't you do that? Oh, that's right, you're weak." Brett sneered with a smirk.

I knew I couldn't punch him, so I punched the closest person to me. Bruce.

He held his jaw and fell backward.

"There you go," Brett said, laying a hand on my shoulder.

I glared at him as I pushed his hand off of me and turned toward the house.

I didn't get very far as Brett grabbed my wrist forcefully and turned me around.

"You bitch!" He yelled.

I felt his hand connect with my cheek and I fell on the ground holding it as I looked up at him with as chocked expression.

"Sam!" Kyrn yelled. She went to go run over to me, but Trey pulled her back.

Brett knelt down in front of me and grabbed my chin.

"You do not push me away when I'm touching you, I can touch you whenever I want. Got it?" he screamed in my face.

Someone needs a mint.

But instead of saying that, I just nodded my head. "Yes," I murmured.

"Good, because I can do a lot worse Sam," he threatened throwing my chin. "Keep training them guys, Trey and I have to go do stuff."

I slowly got up when they walked away and turned to the guys and Kyrn. They gasped and Kyrn came running toward me.

"We need to get you ice," she said, checking my cheek.

"I'm just glad Chloe wasn't here to see that," I said, looking down.

They surprisingly kept their word. They released her this morning. And of course they blindfolded her so she couldn't tell where she was. None of us have any idea if she got back to the pack or not.

"Come on, let's go to the infirmary," Max said walking toward a giant building.

"Where are you going?" We turned around to see Brett standing there with his arms crossed

"We were taking her to get her cheek checked out sir," Bruce said, standing tall.

Brett narrowed his eyes at me and scoffed. "She's fine. Get back to training. I come back to get my cell phone and come to see you guys are being spoiled little brats and not doing your training."

"Sorry, sir. We will get back right away." Max bowed.

"Good." Brett smirked. He turned and walked toward Kyrn and I. "Kyrn. Trey says to be ready for him tonight," he winked.

I watched as Kyrn's face turned pale and she looked like she about to faint.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly touching her arm.

"I'm fine. Promise," Kyrn said, smiling.

But it didn't reach her eyes. I could tell she was lying.

Brett pulled me away before I could say anything. He dragged me a couple of feet away from everyone and turned me to face him.

"Listen. I've had a very stressful day and it will probably get worse after this meeting tonight. Don't do anything that will piss me off, Okay?" he asked.