Chapter 31: Explanations

Sam

"Okay. Please start explaining all of this before I faint," my mom said, pacing.

"Please do. I just shot I don't know how many of those things and I'm kind of freaking out," my dad agreed.

"Okay okay. Just sit down guys," I said trying to calm them down.

My parents sat next to Kyrn's parents and my grandpa. We are all back at the pack and I'm about to answer their questions. And to be honest, I'm kind of scared.

"Okay. First question," I asked.

My dad raised his hand. "What the hell were those things?"

"They are called rogues. Rogues are bad werewolves. They either got kicked out of their pack, their pack was killed off, or they were born into it," I said.

"Are they all bad?"

Xavier stood up and answered. "No. We try to give them a fair trial. Like if they were born into it or their pack got killed off like Sam said. But if they got kicked out of their pack, then we can't really do it. Because they are mean, nasty, and can't be trusted. Those were the ones that you saw today."

"Okay. So who are you?" my mom asked.

"I'm Xavier Slade. I'm the alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack. This is Jay Stunn. He is the beta or Second in command. And this is Zander Trone who is my Third in command and his mate Chloe Stunn," he answered proudly.

"So why are you all up on my daughter and Jay is all up on Kyrn?"

He chuckled and pulled me into his side. "We have mates. They are what you humans call soul mates. Without them, we feel like we are missing a piece in our hearts. They are pretty much the missing puzzle piece. And once you find them, nothing else matters," he stopped and looked at me. "They are the most precious, nicest, amazing person you could ever ask for. They are all you see, and the reason you wake up every morning. You love them so much."

I looked up at him and his warm gentle grin. I was speechless.

"Jay and Kyrn are mates. And you and my daughter are mates," my mom asked.

"Yes," Xavier smiled.

"No. I forbid it," my dad said standing up.

Xavier growled and pulled me close. "Mine."

"Excuse me?" My dad challenged. "I don't give a fuck if you are a werewolf or alpha or whatever."

"Dad!" I shouted.

"Tom!" my mom yelled. "Lay off. I understand that you are upset. But Xavier has been the first guy to treat her right. You guys just saw them change into werewolves. This mate connection is real. Sam is growing up and she found her soul mate. Her true soul mate. We can't take that away from her Tom."

My dad continued his glare at Xavier. "She's my baby girl."

"She isn't a baby anymore," my mom said with a small smile as she placed her hand on my dad's shoulder. "Just think of it like this. Xavier is a normal guy and Sam found a nice boyfriend."

My dad walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. "She'll always be my baby girl."

"Any more questions?" I asked playfully shoving my dad away.

"Explain the whole alpha and Luna thing," Joy said.

"Gladly," Xavier said sitting down and pulling me on his lap. "The alpha is the leader of his pack and a pack is a group of werewolves. The alpha is in charge and everyone follows him. No one questions or goes against his orders."

"Except for the Luna." I smiled smugly.

My mom and Joy smiled at me and gave me a thumbs-up.

"The Luna is the alpha female of the pack. She is the mate of the alpha and is also in charge and no one dares to go against her orders or question her," I said looking at Xavier who scoffs. "The alpha female is more special and amazing. No one wants to have an angry female. And we are also more superior."

"Got that right," Tammy and Caroline said walking in with Chris and Jimmy.

"Who are you?" my mom asked as she looked between Chris and Xavier. She sees the resemblance too.

"Oh sorry," Tammy apologized. "My name is Tammy and this is my husband Chris. We are Xavier's parents."

"And I'm Caroline. This is my husband Jimmy. We are Jay's parents," she said, sitting down.

"And she was right about the Luna's and females being more superior." Tammy smiled sitting down.

"Whatever," Chris scoffed.

"Are you saying we are not?" Tammy challenged.

"Well," he trailed off.

"Because if you are, you can sleep on the couch."

"I was only kidding honey," he tried to save.

"Riiiiight," Caroline teased.

"Told you Xavier," I mocked.

"I'm still in charge," he said shrugging.

"Not if you want an angry mate," I said.

"I can handle you."

"I wouldn't think that," my dad said while Kyrn agreed. "She can be a handful. And very stubborn."

"Oh believe me. I know." He laughed.

I gasped and hit his arm. "You jerk. You can sleep on the couch tonight."

"Nah. I'll pass," he said, bringing me closer to him.

"Oh, you don't have a choice."

"Burn!" Jay yelled.

Kyrn was trying to hold in her laugh and my parents weren't doing a really good job. My dad was holding his stomach and my mom was about to fall off the couch.

"Jay," Xavier growled smiling.

"Yes?"

"If I go down, you're coming with me."

"Nah man. I'll pass." Jay smirked.

"Oh, you don't have a choice either." He smiled sweetly.

Jay shook his head laughing.

"All you have to say is that women rule," I said nonchalantly.

They groaned. "Why?"

"Because we said," Tammy spoke up while our moms were nodding.

"But but," Chris said looking at Tammy like she grew two heads.

"Say it," Caroline backed her up.

"Fine," he groaned. "Girls are superior." All of the guys said.

"That's more like it," I said nodding and smiling triumphantly.

"Okay. I have one question," my dad said.

"Shoot," I told him.

"No. This is for your grandpa," he turned toward him. "How did you know about werewolves and silver bullets?"

My grandpa let out a nervous laugh and scratched the backof his head. "I guess I have some explaining to do." We nodded. "Okaythen."