Chapter 36: Friends

Xavier

"Where the hell is my daughter?" Tom yelled slamming his hands on the table making some of my wolves flinch.

"We are trying to find that out, Tom." My dad sighed looking at the map.

We have been staring at this map for the past two hours. And we have come up with nothing.

"Well you better find her," Tom said. "Or I'm skinning you alive," he pointed at me before storming out of the packhouse.

Sharon sighed. "I'll go calm him down. But please. Just find my daughter."

Jim abruptly stood up. "Same goes for you too Jay. If not, well I'll have a new wolf rug in my house," he threatened stalking out the same way Tom did.

"I'll go as well," Joy said before walking after her husband.

"I have a feeling he doesn't like me anymore," I mumbled as I slammed my head down on the table.

"Find her," Ryder growled.

"I'm trying!" I growled back.

"There isn't anywhere else to look." My dad sighed, defeated.

My head jerked up as I glared at my dad. "There has to be! They couldn't have gone far."

"Xavier. We looked everywhere."

"No!" I growled standing up. "That can't be!"

"Dear," my mom said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We looked everywhere. We just can't find them."

I shook her hand off my shoulder and looked out the kitchen window. "We will keep searching."

"I'm with ya, bro," Jay said, standing next to me.

I continued to look out the window and I felt a tear drop from my eye.

"Xavier," Sam's grandpa said.

I turned around and wiped my tear away. "Yes?" My voice was shaky.

His eyes softened. "Even though I'm extremely pissed off, I'm impressed with you. I've never seen a guy cry over my granddaughter. And that means so much to me," he surprised me by pulling me into a hug. "Please just promise me that you will find Sam and bring her home safely."

I pulled back and nodded. "I promise sir."

He gave me a proud smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Okay." His voice was soft. I've never seen him like this before. "Now let's go train these wolves and get them into shape."

"They are in shape," I said laughing.

"Oh no." He shook his head. "Not your in shape. My in shape."

Why does that not sound good?

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"They haven't been through my drills yet. And you are taking part. Today, I'm the alpha." He smiled smugly before walking outside and blowing a whistle that I didn't know he had.

All the werewolves in the room yelped and covered their ears because of the high pitched sound. Some of them even dropped to their knees because the whistle was so loud.

"Is that a dog whistle?" I asked, shocked after I uncovered my ears.

He simply nodded. "Well you are a dog, aren't you?"

I growled at him. "Harsh."

"Quit complaining and get your asses out here now. We have a granddaughter and two best friends to find!"