Chapter 3: So Close

Sam

"Where did they go?" I asked Kyrn.

"I don't know. I haven't seen them for ten minutes," she said looking around.

"Okay," I said in a whisper as I finally hopped onto a road. Where it led, I had no idea. But I would rather drive on this road than stay in the forest with those kidnappers.

I kept driving and about an hour later we arrived in some small town.

"I'm hungry," Kyrn whined for the tenth time. I told her that we needed to keep driving and once we get to a safe distance, we will stop and get something to eat. But she hasn't shut up about it.

"Okay." I laughed giving in. "We can pull over at a McDonalds or something."

"Sounds good to me," Kyrn mumbled as her stomach growled.

I smiled in victory as I saw a giant golden 'M'.

"Look there's one," I said pulling into the parking lot.

"Let's get food then find a train ticket or something," Kyrn said as I nod in agreement.

"Hello, ladies. Can I help you?" A red-haired boy asked us with a flirty smile as soon as we walked in and closed the door.

"Watch this," she whispered to me. "Hey. We lost our purses and we don't have any money. But we were wondering if you would be so kind and give us water?" she asked softly looking shy.

I chuckled with a smirk as he kept his eyes fixed on Kyrn. I loved it when she did this. Hello free food!

"You girls order anything you would like. It's on me. My name is Luke," he said extending his hand toward us.

"My name is Kyrn. And this is my best friend Sam."

"Hi," I smiled sweetly shaking his hand.

"So, what would you girls like?" Luke asked us as he tried to look cool. Sorry bud. It's not really working for you.

"My usual," I told Kyrn.

"Two McChickens, medium fries, and two large sprites," Kyrn told Luke as he tapped away on the screen.

"Okay. For here or to go?" Luke asked us.

Kyrn was about to reply but I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me.

I pointed at the window and there they were. The four boys. How the hell did they find us?

"To go please," Kyrn said out in a rush.

"Are you girls okay?" Luke asked us, concerned.

"Yeah, we are just in a hurry. So, we will take it to go. Please," I told him.

"Oh. Of course," he said as he scrambled to get our orders.

A couple of minutes passed and the guys hadn't moved.

Thankfully I parked the Lamborghini on the other side so they couldn't see us.

"Here you are," Luke said handing us our bags and drinks.

"Thank you for everything," Kyrn and I said kissing his cheeks.

His face turned a bright shade of red.

"Umm you're welcome," he said nervously with a small smile.

I giggled and Kyrn opened the door.

"And that is how you do it," Kyrn smirked as we ran to the car.

"Come on." I laughed. "Let's go now so they can't see us."

We hopped in the car and the boys still weren't paying attention. "Next stop, train station," Kyrn said.