Chapter 18: Angry Moms

Sam

I stood in front of Kyrn with my mouth open and hers was too.

"You," we both said.

After I woke up to find a note saying Xavier left to go to patrol with Jay and Zander, I walked downstairs to see Kyrn wearing a tank top and something on her neck.

"You got marked?" she asked me, smiling,

I nodded. "So, did you." She blushed and nodded as well. "Let me guess, after you guys went upstairs?"

"Yeah. You?"

"At like three in the morning." I laughed. "I was thirsty and after I got my drink, I came back into the room seeing Xavier frantically looking around the room."

"I would have loved to see that. Was he like running around or something?" Kyrn asked with a smirk.

"That. And looking in our closets and under the bed."

"Oh wow."

"It was a sight to see." I giggled.

"Oh, finally the Luna and beta female are up," Hunter said in a teasing matter.

"Hunter," Kyrn whined. "You know you aren't supposed to call us that unless we are in a very important situation."

"My apologies Luna and beta female." He bowed.

"Hunter," she warned.

"Yes, beta female?" He smirked.

She gave him a sweet smile and turned toward the fridge and opened it up. She reached inside and took out the chocolate syrup.

When he saw it, his eyes went wide.

"Dude, I'd run if I was you," I said laughing.

He turned toward me for a split second before sprinting out of the kitchen and out into the back yard.

Kyrn screamed and ran after him.

"What happened? I heard Kyrn scream!" Tim said running in the kitchen with glowing eyes.

I turned around and jumped when I saw his eyes.

"Calm down Tim. She is chasing Hunter around the backyard," I said quickly so he wouldn't go into beast mode.

"Oh." He visibly relaxed and his eyes went back to normal. "Wait, why?"

"Long story short, Hunter was mocking her, she got out the chocolate syrup, and now she is chasing him around the backyard," I explained with a shrug.

"He will never learn. She always catches him."

"He might be one of the best warriors, but if he's playing, he doesn't have good balance." I laughed.

"I agree. When they come back inside and Hunter takes a shower, shall we gather up some more wolves and head to your house?"

"Sure. Sounds good to me." I nodded.

We kept talking about anything really and then we heard the back door open.

Kyrn walked in first with a smug expression before she headed upstairs.

About a minute later, Hunter strolled in and he was covered with chocolate syrup from head to toe.

"Some advice. If you're running from Kyrn, get a head start." Hunter sighed.

Tim and I broke into fits of laughter and he pulled his phone out and took a picture of Hunter.

Hunter flipped him off before he walked upstairs.