Chapter 7: Explain

Sam

We'd been in this room for about three hours.

I didn't know why, but that fight I had with Xavier, it was like my heart broke. And when I saw him like that, saying he was truly sorry, I just didn't know what to do.

"Come on Sam. Let's go for a walk or something," Kyrn said wiping her tears away and standing up.

She held her hand out and I took it reluctantly. I didn't want to leave this room. I just wanted to get swallowed up by a giant black hole and stay there forever.

We quietly made our way downstairs and saw no one in the living room. We checked the kitchen and it was empty too. Kyrn and I looked at each other and shrugged. We checked the clock on the stove and it read 6:27.

"Where is everyone?" I asked. "It's the afternoon."

"I have no idea," she replied. "If we are going for a walk in the woods, do you think we should take some protection? I don't know what's out there."

"The basement," I said remembering all the weapons that they had down there, as I made my way over to it.

When we got down there, we both grabbed some knives and went back upstairs.

We made our way to the door and opened it. We came face-first to two very muscular backs.

"Hello ladies," the tall guy said.

"Hi," Kyrn said as we walked around them.

"Wait. You guys can't leave the house, alpha Xavier and beta Jay said so."

"Alpha and beta?" I asked curiously.

"Uh never mind that. But you guys can't leave the house."

"We are just going for a walk," I whined.

"I'm sorry but-"

"Listen. Kyrn and I are going for a walk and if you try to stop us again, we will rip your arms off. Okay?" I said to them.

They gulped and stepped out of our way.

"Nice one," Kyrn teased as we made our way to the forest.

"Well. I'm not in the best mood," I laughed.

We stopped at a clearing and sat down.

I breathed in the fresh air and looked across the field as the flowers danced in the wind. The tree branches were swaying from the breeze and the air felt nice and cool.

"So what do you think they are hiding from us?" Kyrn asked after a couple of minutes of silence.

"I honestly do not know. They keep saying these weird words like alpha and beta. I have never heard those words in my entire life," I mumbled as I raced through my brain trying to figure out what they mean.

"Would you like to know what they mean?" a deep voice said behind us.

Kyrn and I jumped to our feet and turned around to face two men. Wait a minute.

"Hey it's you guys," I said as I looked at them.

It was the guy with the neck scar and the guy with the eye scar.

"You know them?" Kyrn asked.

"Yeah. When we were shopping, they came up to me," I mumbled.

"We should probably introduce ourselves. My name is Michael." Neck scar guy said. "And that is Leroy," he said pointing to eye scar guy.

"Okay. I'm Sam, and this is Kyrn," I said.

"Hey," Kyrn said slowly.

Michael and Leroy said hi back and walked toward us.