Family

Maybe it's a recessive gene? She doesn't seem reckless. She's also the shortest out of all of us and she is so beautiful that her face could be compared to an anime girl. She's super cute, oh god. Her eyes have the sincerity of Kaito. I hope he's eating well. I hope he's safe. I really hope he's-

"Ryuunosuke!" I hear Kanashimi's voice and realize that I'm standing in the hallways of rooms. I turn around to greet her and notice Haruka following her. Her face becomes instantly saddened when I face her.

"Ryuunosuke are you alright? You're teary eyed. What's wrong, Ryuunosuke," she asks me. I wipe my eyes with my forearm.

"I'm fine, Kanashimi." I then notice a white door with my name on it. "Come on in, you two."

Haruka heads in first, and Kanashimi's smile straightens out.

"I'm truly sorry, Ryuunosuke... Dr. Takehiro just wanted it all to go as planned... I stayed a while longer to make sure Koneko-san kept you safe. He must really love you," Kanashimi whispered. She looks up at me with faint tears in her eyes. I smile at her and hug her for only a second until Haruka pushed me onto the ground. He snarls at me and then enters the room with Kanashimi. I get up.

I enter into a completely white room with only a bed, a small closet, a door leading to a huge bathroom, and two dressers. There are notes on each wall and a large green button next to my bed with a picture of a maid's uniform.

🔹There will be a maid at your door shortly.

🔹Press the maid button whenever you need anything.

🔹Consult the maid for room customization.

🔹Maid Assigned: Tanaka, Yori (Please do not harm maid, etc.)

I take down the notes and open the closet to see a futon, blankets, and body pillows. I take out the futon, fold it in half, lay it down in front of my bed, and sit on it while Haruka and Kanashimi sit on the bed.

"So, Ryuunosuke-"

"Oh, please call me Ryuu," I say out of habit.

"Oh, Ryuu, Haruka and I have been aching to know; what's the human world like? What lies outside? Is it really as Mr. Takehiro says? Do humans really kill each other? Are they really that cruel?" The terror shows in her eyes. Haruka seems uneasy.

"There are humans like that, yes. However, there are also people who would die for each other. There are humans with hearts of gold, good and pure. Those are the humans I had come to know. The humans I love would die protecting me, even if they knew of my strength. One of them is especially special to me. His name is Kaito. He has ebony hair, eyes of the sea, a stern look so sharp it could scare off the meanest of people, and the warmth, the smell, of summer. He would have done ANYTHING for me. He is why I must study like I have never studied before, because I must see him again. He must be so worried."

"I will protect Kaito with you, big brother," Haruka says. I grin from ear to ear at him.

"So will I! He sounds like the world to you, Ryuu, and that is why we will fight alongside you. I know Chiharu will too."

There is a knock at my door and I open it to see a woman in a maid's uniform. She bows and holds a pan to her chest. She has short auburn hair with dark brown eyes. Her hair is cut to the middle of her neck, and she wears green framed glasses. She looks almost my age, maybe years older. She has many birthmarks on her face and neck.

"Good evening, young master. I am Tanaka Yori, your personal maid for anything you desire. Would you like anything? Drinks and snacks for the other masters? Dinner will be brought to your door in about two hours though, so I suggest no heavy snacking." She has six birthmarks in total.