War: Part One

I feel myself go into a complete panic as I run around and make sure everyone has put on their armor and gathered their weapons. I hear Kou run into his father's room and I hear Haruka struggling even more deep in the armory. Zero puts on metal armor that covers all his weak points, and makes sure he can move around in it.
I make sure everyone is protected in armor and some wear metal helmets by choice.
Everyone goes into battle formation as I lead with Zero by my side. I notice women and children going into a hidden bomb shelter that I had completely forgotten about and I yell for a soldier to take Kou and Kaito into it as well, with Kaito's hands being tied up of course. The soldier smelled heavily of earth and rain and I knew he must have been one of the werewolves.
I receive word that the vampire king and most of his troops are hidden in the trees just before our borders and that they're awaiting my arrival with the remaining vampires and all the werewolves.

Once I arrive, the werewolves begin to hide behind bushes and trees, getting into hunting formation, as I stand in clear sight with at least fifty of the vampires and fifty of the werewolves to meet the enemy at the border. I release my wings in my battle suit and wait until I hear marching coming towards me and feel the earth tremble with footsteps.
A human leads them, and Chiharu is nowhere to be seen, but I can smell her scent somewhere.
"So you're the monsters we've been sent to kill? You don't look like much," the leader says. I hear some growls behind me and raise my hand to shush them.
"You will feel our power, human, and then you'll cower at our knees," Zero says.
"I don't think so. We're not all human here, and plus, we have one of your own here. Dr. Takehiro knew that you guys would possibly rebel, so he had your weaknesses all noted and sent to us by your old friend, dragon of elements," he says with courage. I feel my incisors extend, angered by his taunt.
It then occurs to me that this could be a diversion, and I'm proven right as I hear the wolves and vampires all the way at the end exclaim that another part of the human army has closed in on is from behind, cornering us in this thin forest path.
I hear a growling back at the mansion, and realize what their plan was. This was all a distraction as they raided our base. I hear myself go "tch" like those stereotypical protagonists in anime, and Zero looks to me for guidance.
I give the signal for the hidden warriors to attack, which is running both my hands through my hair. I see vampires dive and werewolves pounce from the shadows. The leader looks at me in awe before pulling out a gun and shooting in my direction. I throw a wicked smile his way as my incisors extend further and my arms become covered in scales and my fingers are replaced with claws.
I hesitate but as soon as the leader shoots in Zero's direction, I break both his arms and legs with ease using my teeth. The smell of blood reaches me but the taste overpowers it, and I realize why vampires love human blood so much. I lick my lips and feel a deep growl come within me as my dragon begs to be released.
I listen to my dragon and run behind the thick brush as my bones break and rearrange into my dragon. I appear before the enemy and roar in their faces. The werewolves and vampires are sent aback by my size, and I expand my wings to protect the army from the enemy. I recall what I did during the flight training all those years ago, and release scaly spears from my wings.
This move gets rid of at least a third of their forces. The werewolves and vampires attack the sides of their forces, and makes sure to kill them so the humans wouldn't turn into their kind. The smell of blood reminds me of my hunger instead of bringing nausea, and the leader, who is trying his best to crawl from me, is picked up in my jaws and crunched in a grotesque series of sounds.
I roar again, with bloody jaws, and my army destroys the humans who try to escape.
I hear the sound of paws running towards us and smell a familiar scent. The giant lioness pounces and digs her claws deep in my neck as she bites down hard. I roar because of the pain, but I know my wounds aren't great. Her claws feel as though to be coated in some kind of poison, and I try to shake her off. I use my hind leg to claw her off and she fights underneath my grip. My reptile-like foot transfers her to my reptile-like hand, and I roar at her face.
Her ears go back as she bares her canines as she roars back. I bite her head with enough force to dig my incisors into her eyes, blinding her, but not killing her. I throw her into the woods, so that she wouldn't fight.
The enemy doesn't stop trying to shoot me down, and aim a bazooka towards me. I quickly throw flames so that it would explode near them instead, and turn my back to use my wings to protect my troops.
The enemy is losing, their numbers dwindling, but I see them begin to take out a new weapon I haven't seen before. It looks like a rifle but the ammo doesn't smell like what it should. Just what is in there?
I hear huge paws running towards us, and prepare to defend my army, but Haruka's wolf appears with mild burn scars, and I notice Kaito on his back.
I roar and nudge them with my head, and the enemy takes notice as they point the new weapon at Kaito and Haruka.
I desperately cover them with my wings, but after they shoot, I notice a great pain in my wings and notice that they have broken skin.
I notice the skin around the wound begin to erode and my scales begin to fall off. I grunt in pain and use my claws to get the gunmen off their feet. I throw their guns away into the woods. I tried to be gentle but a few hands went along with the guns.
Some of the men take out dart guns, the rest have no hands. The troops realize I'm not indestructible and seize the weapons from the enemy. I begin to feel dizzy, but focus my strength into the enemy attacking from the other side. I exhale flames onto them and they begin running around while covered in flames.
I angrily shake some humans around while clenching their limbs in my mouth. The pain as made me feel so angry.
I smell the wounds and finally realize what their secret weapon was and where they got it from. After all, only a dragon could kill a dragon.
They had killed Gog and extracted her venom.
I hear familiar grunts and notice that Kaito has been hurt by an enemy bullet. I crush the one who hurt him in my jaws and throw him to his comrades to set an example.
I stand in front of Kaito, shielding him from harm, but he tries his best to continue fighting. I pick him up and rest him on the branch of a tree. He holds on and I focus on protecting Haruka, who is tackling and biting his way to the center of the enemy's troops.
I hear a familiar flutter of wings and look up to see an armored ally. She takes off her helmet and stabs a human who is about to shoot Haruka with a remaining rifle. I hear a sizzle and smelling cooking flesh and realize she has electrified her sword.
Haruka tries to pick her up and lead her to safety but she's to fast and takes to the air again.
She's won the argument and holds pride in her facial expression as she shoots humans with lightning and kills them with tiny tornadoes she inserts into their lungs.
I notice a wounded enemy soldier pick up the rifle and aim for Haruka. I quickly go in front of Haruka, and feel the venom reach my neck wound.
I can't handle it and hit the ground, making it shake. Kanashimi lands on my shoulder and bites her tongue so hard it bleeds into my wounds.
Just then, another rifle shot rung through the air.
.
.
.
.
🌸🐉Author's Note:🐉🌸
Just to let you guys know, there will be two more chapters until this story is completed, and then the Kanashimi Chronicles (epilogue) will begin after it finishes. There will be no need to search for the epilogue since it will begin and end here. I might begin another story after this one is completely done. Thank you all for reading. I love you guys!
🌸🌸🐉🐉🐉🐉🌸🌸