Darkness

As I lie in a spare futon on the floor, darkness engulfs me, and the only sounds I hear are Kaito's slow paced breaths. I get chills from the cold night atmosphere. I feel fear growing in me as I realize that I cannot see anything. My throat begins feeling hot again.

"Kaito ..." I try to whisper loud enough for him to hear, but my voice came out as a whimper. Kaito moves around a bit and pats a space next to him, signaling for me to sleep in his bed with him. I lie next to him close to enough for my mind to keep the thought that he is there, and to feel his body warmth as proof. Mio walks onto my neck and lies himself down to sleep.

That's right, I'm not exactly afraid of the dark, but I'm afraid that the darkness and lack of warmth is the proof that I am alone. Again.

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙

As we leave Kaito's house, I continue to pester him with questions.

"What does she look like?"

"We have the same face, maybe because like I said last night, we are twins," he says with a stern voice full of annoyance.

"Twins aren't always identical! They can look the complete opposite and be fraternal twins," I yell in my defense.

"No matter how many questions you ask me, I still won't know any more than you do. The last time I saw her, we were eight," Kaito says and sighs. At this point, we were about halfway to school, since Kaito lives closer to school than I.

"Did you miss her," I ask quietly, not sure if my question were to cross the line.

"Before you, she was my best friend, but we could have drifted apart. She could have changed completely. It's been nine years," he says in a slightly pained voice. It stays quiet for a while.

What if she has changed? Kaito would be crushed, especially if she changed for the worse...

"We're going to be late," Kaito says soon after he looks at his watch. He grabs me and we run the rest of the way to school. My heart begins racing again.

I'm so happy.

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙

After school, I'm stuck on cleaning duty. As soon as I told Kaito, he told me that he would wait for me. As soon as they told me that I had to clean, I sat back down and waited until they told me to do something.

"Takehiro-san? Can you please dispose of the trash," my class representative asked. Kaito shoots a lazy stare my way, showing me that he is too tired to follow. I grab the trash can.

"On it," I say as a leave the room. I close the door and sigh.

I hear footsteps and my eyes dart to the source of the sound. I nearly drop the trash can as I look to see leather boots. I look higher to see tight leather pants on very attractive legs and perfect hips; perfect curves. The torso is female, and a female wearing a tight blue shirt that ends after the hips, and the elbows.

If she is an assassin, she can torture me any way she likes.

As I see her face, I drop the trash can, causing crumpled up paper balls and plastic wrappers to spill onto the floor.

She is the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

She has thin, layered hair up to her shoulders, with the beautifully-messed-up type of look, with sea blue eyes that pierce my heart. She wears pitch black eyeliner with perfect wings. I look at her face for a while longer to notice that she has a stern, cold look. She smirks as soon as we make eye contact. She seems taller than me, most likely because of the heels on her stunning boots.

Sea blue eyes? Stern look? Is she? Could she possibly be? Kaito's twin sister?

"I don't blame you for looking, but why look from such a distance," she says in a beautiful mellow voice with a devilish grin.

I feel like my whole body is on fire.

"Um... I dropped my trash..." My voice came out as a whimper, and I quickly bend over to pick up the pieces of trash. As I clean the spilled trash, I hear her walking closer, the deafening silence pierced by her heeled boots.

Clack, clack, clack.

I feel my heart race faster and faster with each step, and my face burns hotter as I see her right next to me from the corner of my eye.

Noticing all the trash is cleared, I quickly stand and use the trash can to cover a bothersome erection. I see her face more clearly and I could feel my legs turning into jelly.

"I picked up all the trash..."

"Tell me about it, stud," she whispers seductively with her devilish grin. She then grabs my face and keeps pulling it closer to her oh so slowly. I can see her eyes very close; feel her hot breath exhaling on my upper lip. The only thing separating our hips touching was the damn trash can.

The classroom door slams open in a rage.

"Kirei!"

And just like that, the moment was over, and I was certain, I was to die a virgin.

💙💚💙💚💙💚

Kaito pushed us away from each other, and they were shouting curses at each other the whole walk to Kaito's house. We're all in Kaito's room, where the awkwardness can kill, and the silence can deafen.

"So... your name is Kirei," I ask quietly. She looks at me, somewhat surprised, but then she fixes her composure and gives me a devilish grin.

"My name can be anything you desire, as long as you scream it," she says seductively as she begins crawling to me. Her cleavage could bring all of the population to their knees. "Scream it as we fu-"

"Kirei! Enough of this! Why have you bothered to return if all you're going to do is act like a lust controlled slut," Kaito interrupts, letting his voice boom within the room. I go on Kaito's bed and put a pillow over my crotch and face.

I saw her cleavage...

"Oh please, onii-chan, if you cared about me in the slightest, we would have never separated! It's not my fault that the cutie on your bed should be in mine. I have my eyes set on him. If you don't want to lose him, then let this war begin! Once I get my hands on him, I don't intend on letting go," Kirei says coldly as she opens the door to leave Kaito's room. She winks at me and exits.

"Ryuunosuke." I look at Kaito's back, waiting for his eyes to meet mine, but he keeps his back towards me.

Why do I feel so hurt when his voice sounds like that?

"Y-yes?" I answer him with uncertainty. I rarely see this side of Kaito.

"Please... Don't give yourself to her..."

"Kaito ... A-are you alright?"

I put my hand on his shoulder, but as soon as he feels my touch, he leaves the room and heads across the hall, towards the bathroom.

What's going on?

💙💚💙💚💙

Later that night, I woke up Kaito out of fear, but instead of giving me his warmth, he plugged in a nightlight and went back to sleep.

I feel my chest tighten, and a lump grows in my throat. My shoulders begin to quiver, and before I know it, I'm sobbing. I feel intense heat in my throat.

What did I do? He's never acted like this before... Is he finally starting to hate me? Is he going to leave too? No... Please don't take Kaito from me... He's all I have left...

I quietly get up and navigate myself out of Kaito's house. Barefoot and cold, wearing nothing but my boxers, I start walking home. I feel my entire body blaze hot, as if on fire.

I'm sorry Kaito, but I can't let myself freeload off of you... That's why you hate me, right?

📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣

Hi, my loves!! How did you like this chapter?? Please tell me who has caught your heart! Sorry for the slight cliffhanger!💙