Epilogue: Part Three

🌸
🌸
🌸
🌸
Why did this have to happen to me?
What I did that was so wicked?
I stare out the limo window, a flurry of snow is dancing in the wind. Should I just leap out and fly to the lab? Should I wait until my business with the alpha King is done? Am I even going to the lab after what I've done to Ryuunosuke?
A gigantic castle starts appearing above trees, and then city lights shine brightly to compliment the dark night in the forest. Should I call Samuel and let him know I'm not dead? I decide against it when we park in front of the castle and a lawn of evergreen trees welcomes us. That must be why the alpha King smells like Christmas.
The castle looks like the ones that would be in the dreams of little girls and the goals of little boys. A huge crowd welcomes the alpha King back home and stares at me with curiosity. I stare back, flashes of cameras shuttering every second.
The roar of the crowd barely lets me hear the questions of the people. I stare and try to hear the same question they are all asking.
"Are you the alpha kings mate?"
A look of disgust reaches my face and I head inside behind the alpha King.
The inside of the castle is nothing I would expect it to be. It is all made of wood, brightly polished with giant spiral staircases and things only a princess would think of as normal.
It was like one of those luxurious log cabins but glorified times ten. Many maids and butlers welcomed the alpha King and I. A man that looks a little younger than the King walks up to us and starts talking to the King as we walk up the most grand spiral staircase. Once we reach a huge office that could only compare to the Oval Office, I am introduced to the mystery man.
"Miss Mizutani, this is my Beta, Grayson. Grayson, this is the Great Miss Mizutani! Get a guest room prepared for her immediately."
I look closely at Grayson as his facial features change to show his astonishment that the King has called me great. His dark brown eyes show a glimmer of envy towards me behind his thick black framed glasses, his curly black hair springing up and down his forehead as he nods in agreement to something the King has said. He's very cute in a baby kind of way. I can't imagine him angry, but I can bet he's very powerful. He's taller than me, with a red sweater vest on top of his black dress shirt and gray tie. His shoes are black and probably designer like the King.
Grayson leaves to do something, and the King gestures for me to sit in the chair in front of his desk. I sit behind his desk instead, causing him to tighten his knuckles, but we both know who is superior here.
Me.
I cross my feet on top of his desk, and he sits in the chair gestured for me.
"I'll answer one of your questions, and only one." His entire face brightens at my news, and he sits I thought for a moment.
"What happened to the others that fought in the war?"
My heart sank at his question, and I probably should have prepared myself for the question beforehand. I think for a second on how to word it all, preparing my heart.
"There were five of us, not three. The one you didn't know of was Chiharu, a werecat that was so powerful she could turn into any cat. She defended the scientist that made us, and fought on his side. The scientist defied his master's orders and showed that he secretly wanted all the glory for integrating the world. She was killed during the war." I inhaled deeply and exhaled a sigh. The King sat, waiting for my words likes child having a story being read to them.
"The dragon is alive. We parted after the battle that started it all, before all the species rose to the cause and aided to win the war. I never had contact with him during these past 200 years. The love of my life was killed, and I took it out on him as the demon in me rose." I felt my voice tremble on the last sentence, knowing who was next. My contacts begin to sting with the tears I know will pour down. I take them out and the King stares at me in wonder.
"The fourth was just a regular werewolf like you, but because of his bloodline, he was denied his rightful place as Alpha, so we adopted him. He became a brother to us, and his name was Zero.
"The love of my life was the werewolf and vampire hybrid. His name was- his name-" I can't word the next sentence, as the lump in my throat grows too big and my tears well up in my eyes. I try to shake the tears off but I can't. Before I know it, warm muscular arms are wrapped tightly around me. I look at the person to see someone's would have never expected. I shake him off.
"Ah, you're here. Could you get us both a glass of water," asks the King.
"You should really call a maid for that, your highness," he retorts. I stare at him, trying to fit the puzzle of why he's here. When I can't, I ask, trying not to seem surprised. I should have smelled wolf on him, or at least sensed it.
"What are you doing here, Samuel?"
"The hospital where I works owned by the King. I'm his main pack Doctor. I'm surprised to see you here, beautiful," he says as he smiles. I stare at him blankly. I barely know this man. Why does he live with me?
"Ah, I didn't know you knew Miss Mizutani, Samuel!"
"We live together," we surprisingly say, together. The King looks at us, struck by awe.