Epilogue: Part One

Author's Note:
Hi guys! I'm sorry for my leave of absence. The Kanashimi Chronicles will have four parts, and this is part one! Things will all make sense in time!
🌸
🌸
🌸
🌸
Rage.
Disgust.
Lust.
Pain.
Those are all I feel these days. No matter what I did, that's all I could feel. Not like it's an issue, though. A woman my age shouldn't be worrying about anyone.
Memories are all I have, of my dear Haruka. Just the thought of the past rages the fire in my blood.
"Miss Mizutani, your meeting is about to start. Please don't miss it," my assistant beckons. I groan, and leave my office.
I walk into the meeting, and all eyes look at me with either lust or disgust. I smile at both expressions.

The meeting is very long and no less boring than any other. I hear the familiar clacking sound of my heels hitting the marble floors. I reach my office once more to find a very familiar man sitting on the couch in the corner.
My office has pure charcoal walls, with all the furniture being a bright white. The marble floors shine brilliantly, and I switch off the sound system that has been turned on. I didn't like the music that was playing.
"What are you doing here, Samuel," I say, my voice venom.
"I had to see you again. Please, marry me," he begs, going on one knee. I turn to face him, and as quick as he replied, I kick the small fuzzy box out his hand, and grab him by his medium length hair to face me.
Samuel is attractive, just my type. His light brown hair cascaded over his ears and slightly covering his forehead, curling at the ends. His eyes were the color of the light blue sky. His voice was like the cherry on top. Samuel often visits my office and apartment. There's something about me he can't get enough of.
Samuel looks directly into my eyes, smiling with cheeks deepening in color. A look of pure bliss. You see, Samuel is an extreme masochist.
"You're not worth it. Leave my building this instant. If you're not at my house by the time I get there, you'll be punished," I say, disgust in my voice. His entire body seemed to tremble with delight, and he runs out of my office.
I sigh and try to get some paperwork done.

With a huge stack now done, I decide to journey home. I walk out of my office and lock it.
"I'll be taking my leave now, Miss Mizutani. Oh, you're leaving too?"
"Yes, Allison. I'll see you tomorrow," I say as I go down the elevator and into my car.
It's been 200 years, since the war, the integration, their deaths. Being immortal does have its perks. I built an entire company from rubble, and everyone thinks me as human. As CEO, I spent most of my days organizing work for my underlings. I do all the important things myself. The humans think my business is a thing passed down from mother to daughter, all at the same age, the same spitting image of their mother. They're very easy to manipulate.
I start up the engine and begin my drive towards home. I park in the driveway of my six bedroom house, and lie my head on the wheel. The car lies dead, quiet, only filled with my slow breathing.
I finally get out of the car and enter my home, knowing Samuel will be late. I change out of my black pencil skirt and white blouse. I slip on some fuzzy socks, fuzzy pants, and a loose long sleeved shirt. I go into my living room and lie down on the couch, resting my body until the masochist arrives.

Hands shake me awake, and I stare into the eyes of the masochist. I get up and grab him by his shirt collar. He willingly bends his knees so that I could get a better grip.
"Get in the bed, you're late."
He gleefully runs into an extra room, and lies down with his back facing me. I tie his wrists and ankles tightly to the bed, and look at my whips, knowing he really wants it. I feel disgust and cringe, but grab his favorite.

After a heavy session of whipping and pouring very hot wax, I ask him if he wants to have sex with me.
"Please, yes master, please let me touch you," he begs. I pull his hair and makes him look at me.
"You're disgusting. A real man does not beg." Having done my job, I leave him to suffer with his erection and watch tv in my living room.
Having a craving for ice cream, I go to my fridge and get my cookie dough ice cream. A spoon in my mouth, I check on Samuel, who probably made a mess again.
I open the door to the room and untie a sleeping Samuel. A flash of a different face appears, and my heart begins to feel heavy. It almost makes me want to soothe Samuel's welts, but I clench my teeth and walk out of the room.
I want to fly. I want to watch my thunder crash. I go to my living room and turn on the news. Major storms are circling this area as usual, and with my mood ranging from pain to hatred and disgust, the storms are unexplainable, or so says the reporters and science.
The couch dips, and I turn to see a showered Samuel, in baggy pajamas as well. I don't know when he started living here. He just chose to.
"Are you alright? You seem more out of it than usual," he asks as he shoves some chips in his mouth.
"I'm fine," I respond. He leaves it alone after this, and I decide to sleep on the couch.

I wake up early the next morning, just in time to watch the sun rise. The sunlight enters through the windows, and reveals Samuel, who slept beside me without my knowledge. I don't move from my comfortable position, and soon he wakes up, bringing me closer to him in a gentle embrace.
I get up and walk to the screen door that leads to the garden. I look to see dead plants, mistreated and flower pots shattered on the ground, a light blanket of snow covering it all.
"It's Christmas today," Samuel whispers. I don't break my eye contact with the dead plants. I couldn't care less about holidays.
"I got you something," he says with happiness in his voice. I look at him, no expression as usual. My eyes widen as he leaves and comes back with a husky puppy.
"I'm not a fan of canines," I say painfully. Samuel frowns, and it's unsightly. I pick up the puppy and feel a familiar warmth as he licks my face. A lump threatens to grow in my throat as soon as tears break the barricade that is my heart.
The male puppy licks the inside of my ears, causing my nose to scrunch up as an unusual giggle escapes my lips. I look at Samuel and curl the edges of my lips ever so slightly. His face is deep red, and he smiles widely with tears of happiness in his eyes.
I suddenly feel a flash of him appear. I feel my heart twist in pain. My next decision was either very wise or filled with self loathing.
"Haruka will be his name," I whisper. Samuel looks at me, obviously confused of the meaning or language, just as he was with my name.
"That's... A nice name," he says. I look at him, and he's caught up in a nature show. The pup jumps into my lap as I sit next to Samuel, the warmth of his body radiating against my cold skin.
A chilling howl whips my head to the television, and see the one animal I hoped to never encounter in any way. The pup mimics the howl, and my heart cannot take it. I stand up and run into my room. I slam and lock the door.
I hate Samuel. He makes everything so much harder. I hear footsteps and feel Samuel sitting with his back against my door. The pup no doubt with him.
My anger towards him causes burning hot electricity to course through my face and arms. I grab my rubber gloves and slip them on to make sure I don't set the house ablaze like the last one.
I go into my bathroom and remove my blue contact lenses to reveal crimson irises.
I was a monster.
Why couldn't I just die to be with him?
I tried it all.
I wonder where Aniki was now.
I look up at my reflection once again when I feel warm tears cascading down my face. I feel my anger rise, anger towards my own self.
Samuel knows not to knock or make a sound. He's the kind to just sit and observe to learn more about the person.
The pup, however, has been scratching and whining at my door the entire time.
I open the door as soon as I put my contact lenses back on, and Samuel falls back.
"Why won't you marry me," he says as he looks up at me.
I look down at him, unsure of he wants me to reply as a sadist. His eyes look serious.
I decide to avoid the question as I make a look of pure disgust.
"You're a disgusting masochist." My words cause pink to erupt in his cheeks but I feel a tang of pain when I get a flash of him again.

I look up at my window ceiling, stars shining in the sky. I look to my right to see Samuel looking at me in adoration. His naked body too close for comfort, I turn to my side, practically denying his overwhelming presence.
My self hatred is focused on what I just did with him. I feel hot tears threaten to escape my eyes, and grow even angrier. I look at my hand and notice the small electric currents running between the spaces of my fingers, quiet and fleeting. My anger grows when I feel his hot breath on my shoulder, knowing he is trying to close the gap between us.
Thunder roars when I feel the fire in my chest becoming electricity and transferring to my hands and forearms. Rain pours and the wind howls viciously against my windows. The pup runs into my room and thankfully crawls into the space between Samuel and I.
I feel myself calming down, knowing the whimpering pup is my fault. I turn to him and put my arm around him, his soft fur causing my heart to twist.
It's been 200 years.
200 years since I've seen the only family I've known.
200 years since he died.
I feel my eyes force themselves to close, and sleep takes me.