The Dragon and his Kitten

Hello, to all who decided to read the first of my works that I have posted here!! I'm so glad you have chosen my work!! Without further interruptions, here is The War for the Dragon!!💕

📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣

"Sir, he is awake."

"Excellent. What about the others?"

"Subject 002 is still under testing. Subject 003 and 004 are still going through injections. Only Subject 001 is ready, sir."

"Then let the war begin."

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙(page break)

I remember the first time I met him. I was walking home from a nearby convenience store, umbrella in hand and a song escaping my lips. We were both ten, and he had run away from home. It was raining the hardest I have ever seen; the skies were gray and full of gloom. The only way you could tell that he had been crying were his red, puffy eyes and the sniffles he tried his best to hide. He was sitting under a store sign, trying to keep at least partially dry from the rain. Next to him was a backpack that looked like if it were filled any more, it would burst.

I went to him and put my umbrella over his head.

"My neighbor once told me that if you stay in the rain, you'll get a fever," I said with a smile.

He looked up at me, put his bag over his shoulder, and stood up. He glared at me and tried to walk away, but I grabbed his arm before he could.

"Let go of me!" He looked back at me and yelled. His eyes started filling with tears again.

"I'm Ryuunosuke, but you can call me Ryuu. You can stay with me until you want to go back home," I said as kindly as I could. My heart was beating fast. He looked at me as if I was insane, but soon he nodded.

"I'm Kaito," he whispered.

I held Kaito's hand and we walked to my house. My heart wouldn't stop hammering against cotton quickly. By the time we got there, the rain had stopped.

He had to go back home of course, his parents sent out the police and his mother was hysterical when she saw him again. She cried with happiness, and he cried too. But I know he wouldn't have cried if he didn't go to my one bedroom apartment.

If he didn't go to my apartment, he wouldn't have known how lucky he is to have a family who cares. He wouldn't have known that up to that point, I raised myself entirely with the donations of neighbors, and that I could never go home to a mother who would be so happy to see me that she would cry. I had no one. I never had anyone.

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💚💙💙💚💙💚💙

Seven years have passed, and I now go to high school. Kaito comes over every day to check on me.

"Ryuu! Ryuu! Wake up! You'll be late!"

I open my tired eyes to blinding light, and as they adjust, I see the face of Kaito, his shaggy ebony hair, neat, serious face, and sea blue eyes. I smile and my face heats up a bit. He's wearing a black blazer with a gray tank top underneath, and very dark jeans.

"Did you hear me? You're going to be late again," he said loud and stern.

I get up from bed and slip on a plain gray short sleeve t-shirt and put a thin dark blue hooded sweater over it. I then slip on some black jeans and my worn out sneakers.

I look down at Kaito's shoes.

"I see you're still wearing those old sneakers I bought you. Looks like Kaito is a softie, isn't he?" I smile as he walks out of my apartment and I follow happily. We walk two flights of stairs to get onto the road to school.