Chapter 39

Aiden turned towards me and hold my hand tightly as if telling me that everything would be alright. His eyes were displaying various emotions.

"I'm going to make us invisible. Something is going on the upper part of the basement," Aiden said to me as he looked towards the path which led to the stairs. I also realised some commotion on the upper part.

"Are you ready?" He asked me as his warm eyes locked with mine.

"Always," I said to him with reassuring smile.

"I want to tell you one last time that you hold a very special place in my heart. Always remember that," He squeezed my hand.

I nodded. "And you hold in mine," I said, giving him a small smile.

With a small smile plastered on his face, he closed his eyes and started to concentrate on his work. His eyebrows furrowed and small droplets formed on his forehead. Suddenly, a surge of energy passed through him to me and I swayed due to the impact of the force. I started to feel light weighted when he opened his eyes.

"Let's go,"

With that said, Aiden pulled me towards the basement stair. We climbed up the stairs, and when we reached the final steps we realised that something was definitely wrong. There was a chaos as ruiners were running frantically in different directions with weapons in their hand. They were snarling and the disgusting black tar like liquid flowing from their mouth. A gloomy atmosphere, blood splattered on the floor and clinging of metals with one another indicated that a war was going on, but with whom?

"We need to find Khuzuhoso as soon as possible before he fly to hide somewhere else," Aiden said, taking the view in front of us.

"It would be shame if we lose him after being inside his castle," I agreed with Aiden as a ruiner past through our bodies sending a creepy vibe to us.

Making our ways through the crowded hallway, we ran in the direction of his throne room. We didn't know whether he was still there or not but it was the only first place that came into my mind and Aiden started to drag me in that direction. As we were running, I looked around and a familiar face came in to my view. I stopped abruptly making Aiden to halt as well.

"What?" He asked with worry in his voice as he looked at me but when I didn't reply, he looked in the direction where I was looking and his eyes widened.

"What is he doing here?" Aiden asked as he looked at Ashton who was fighting with ruiners.

"I guess, they are here. That is what all chaos is about," I mumbled looking at him as he was fighting with them.

Suddenly a ruiner came behind Ashton to stroke him. My eyes widened and before I could do anything an arrow shot the ruiner down. I looked in the direction of arrow. Standing there in all glory was Jacob with bow in his hand. He didn't leave.

"I was fool to think that he would listen to my order and would leave me alone here," Aiden said looking towards Jacob who joined Ashton.

"It seems like they are handling the ruiners pretty well and it's time that we also move towards Khuzuhoso before he leaves. Let's go!" I said to Aiden, and he started to guide us towards the throne room.

After running for a while we reached outside the throne room. The giant door was closed but there was not any ruiner around it.

"Do you have that sword?" Aiden asked me as he glanced at me. My hands reached towards the sheath feeling the grip of the sword as I pulled it in front of me. I glanced towards Aiden, and he nodded his head in understanding. The door was locked firmly but it was not going to stop us from entering the room. Aiden hold my hand tightly as we passed through the door like a ghost. The room was dimly lit. We moved further inside a room looking around for any sign of Khuzuhoso.