Chapter 33

Elis and Alec were guarding us with swords in their hand as Jacob was performing the healing of Ethan. I looked behind and saw giant glass wall.

What is this wall doing in the middle of this deadly forest? And why is it so foggy?

I squinted my eyes to look inside it but it was too foggy to look inside. I looked back at Elis and Alec who were guarding in front of us.

What if the danger is behind that glass wall? How will we fight with them with two injured persons with us?

I looked at Aiden who was still unconscious. There was a cut on his lip and a deep gush on his forehead. Some strands of hair were falling on his eyes. I lifted my hand and brush them from his eyes. He was looking pale and lifeless. A single tear rolled down my cheek and dropped on his face.

He is in this condition only because of me.

"He's waking up!" Jacob's voice shifted my attention towards him.

Ethan was now moving slowly and opened his eyes. He blinked to adjust his vision to sudden light. Then he tried to sit up rubbing his temple.

"Ahh!" A groan escaped his mouth as he rubbed his temple.

He looked at Jacob with a frown as he tried to recognise him but of course he couldn't since we had never met before. He looked at Elis and Alec with little recognition. His gaze then shifted towards me and Aiden whose head was resting on my lap. His eyes widened as he looked at the condition of Aiden. He stood up quickly, and came towards me. Jacob also came towards me and he put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Is he alright?" Ethan asked me as he crouched down to inspect Aiden's wound. "I own my life to him. He saved me and took the impact from that evil ruiners that's why he's in such condition."

"How did they enter here? Isn't it supposed to be protected place? If this is not protected area then why you brought him here?" Jacob gritted out and I glared at Ethan.

"Something happened yesterday.." He then trailed off watching attentively towards the deadly trees. "Listen, we can't stay here for long time with Aiden in such condition. This forest is not safe anymore. We should move inside the protective place. Once aiden will be alright, I'll answer all your questions."

"He's right Jacob we need to heal Aiden as soon as possible." I said in a low voice.

"Okay, but how far is this protective place?" Jacob asked Ethan.

"It's behind us." Ethan replied.

I looked behind and saw that giant glass wall.

"We just need to move to the other side of the glass wall." Ethan said to us.

"Is this glass breakable?" Jacob said moving towards the glass wall as he tried to touch it with a dagger in his pocket.

"Oh No! Don't." Ethan yelled but it was too late to stop Jacob.

As soon as the dagger touch the wall, the wall repelled him with full force. He was now in the air like an arrow after it shot from the bow and landed on the ground far away from the wall with loud thud.

"Ouch!" He groaned in pain.

That must be hurtful.

Alec jogged towards him and helped him in standing.

"Are you alright?" I asked him softly.

He gave me thumbs up as they walked towards us.

"You can't cross the wall without this.." Ethan trailed off as he pulled some lockets from his pocket.