Chapter 29

Sunlight streaming through the window wake me up. Rubbing my eyes, I threw the cover off and sat up on the bed. Stretching my arms, I looked around the room and realised that it was Aiden's room. Last night I slept in Aiden's arms. He must had tucked me in but where did he slept? He was nowhere in the room. Thinking that, I climbed down the bed and walked towards the balcony. I searched him in the balcony, but he was not there.

He must be taking shower.

I went towards his washroom but the door of the washroom was ajar and water was not running down. I stopped right there and thought of knocking the door.

"Aiden? Are you inside?" I asked knocking the door with my knuckles but, I didn't get any reply.

Hesitantly, I opened the door and looked inside. The washroom was empty which mean he had left for his meeting with that person. With a sigh, I closed the washroom door and walked towards his bedroom door.

There is not any reason for me to stay in his room. I should go to my room otherwise I will be in big trouble.

Slowly, I opened the door slightly to see if the hallway was empty or not. I checked both side through the gap of the door. To my relief, the coast was clear and no one was in the hallway. Opening the door, I stepped outside the room then closed it behind me. Silently, I tip toed towards my room without making any noise. I had almost reached outside my room but stopped in my track on the sight of Jacob who was already standing there with his raised knuckle. As if feeling my presence, he looked towards me.

"Where were you in this time of morning?" He asked me with a frown while dropping his hand by his side.

"Well, I can ask you the same question, what are you doing outside my room at this time of the morning?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms across my chest.

"Aiden is not talking to us much, so I thought we should talk to him together about his strange behavior towards us," he said with worry.

Guilt surge through me as I realised that Jacob was also worried about Aiden and I went alone to talk to Aiden without even thinking about Jacob. After all, Jacob was always there with him even before me, and he had every right to talk to him since he was not only his cousin but was also his best friend.

"Oh yeah, about that. He had already left." I told him, without meeting his eyes and opened the door to let him in inside my room then closed the door so that we could talk in private about Aiden's meeting.

"Oh, so he had already left for his meeting." Jacob said with a sigh.

My head shot up as he said that. "You have already talked to him? But, when? And if you have already talked to him then why do you want to talk to him again?" I asked him with narrowed eyes.

He looked at me. "He came to my room yesterday and informed me that he knows someone who can provide us a place to live, but he needs to talk to that person before we will all go to that place. He even apologised to me for his distant behavior with us and left the room before I talk to him more. I wanted to know the reason behind his strange behavior. Something was bothering him that's why he was behaving like that."

I nodded in understanding.

"So, I'm guessing that he also came to you to inform you about his meeting." Jacob said as he went to sit on one of the couch.

"Yeah. He also informed me about his meeting and I also asked him for his reason, but he didn't tell me the reason." I told him.

He nodded in response with a sigh.

"Just give me two minutes." I told Jacob and went inside the washroom. After brushed my teeth and washing my face, I came outside the washroom.

"So, you didn't answer my question." Jacob remind me as he looked up to me. "Where were you?"