Chapter 2

Thinking about him, I entered in the classroom, ignoring the presence of other students and took a seat in the middle row, near the window. My poor mind was so confused. He was not there or was he? Maybe he was there and I didn't notice him. And who was there at the hill? There might be a reason that was why Mom warned me to not reveal my healing ability to anyone at any cost.

Taking a long deep breath to calm myself, I looked around. It was disappointing to find that I didn't know any student in this class. Letting out a huff, I looked outside the window. White clouds were floating in the sky, hiding the sunlight from reaching the ground. It seemed like the sun was playing hide- and-seek with earth.

A short moment later, I felt a presence beside me. I glanced to my side and my eyes met with the shoulder of the person. My gaze traveled up towards the face and the side profile of a boy came in to my view. I cleared my throat to get his attention but his eyes were focused on something shiny in his hand. I cleared my throat again and his head snapped towards me. He hurriedly put that shiny thing inside his bag.

Huh, Weird.

His deep brown eyes caught mine. They were sparkling in the morning light like some gemstone. Composing himself, he smiled down at me and held out his hand.

"Hi, I am Alec and you are?" He asked me, arching an eyebrow.

Today is full of surprises. First that blue eyed boy and now him.

I looked down at his stretched out hand then looked up to him. I was hesitant for a bit but then clearing all the negative thoughts from my mind, I shook it.

"I am Kiara,"

"Are you new?" He asked me, tilting his head slightly with his eyebrows drew together as if he was trying to recognize me. His analyzing eyes were looking at me like I was some creature in the experiment.

"No!" I replied him, little loudly. The girl sitting in the front of us turned around and looked at me like I was some crazy maniac.

I gave her a small smile and looked back at Alec. He raised his hand in surrender, leaning back slightly. "No need to get all worked up. I never noticed you before, so I thought maybe you are a new student. But now I know you. We can be friends, right?" He asked, giving me a warm smile.

I bit down my lower lip, embarrassed by my little outburst. Besides Chloe and Matt I didn't talk to many people, so I was not good in small talk with other people.

"Sorry about my little outburst," I told him truthfully.
He shrugged then smiled again, "It's okay. No harm done."

He started to seem like a sweet and nice guy. He was going to say something when the loud voice of our English teacher interrupted him and ended our conversation. I silently thanked god for saving me from further embarrassment.

"Good morning!" His voice was booming in the classroom like a radio jockey.

"I'm Mr. Giff. Your new English teacher. Since I'm new here, I want you all to introduce yourself. We will start our new chapter from tomorrow,"

Everyone groaned in disagreement, but he ignored everyone's groaning and picked up a girl from front row and made her to introduce herself. That was why I always chose to sit in the middle row.

We were in the middle of introduction when the class door swung open and in came two boys. My eyes widened and my breath hitched in my throat. He was the boy who saved me from falling off the stairs and other one was his friend, who had dirty blonde hair and lean muscular body.

Mr Giff raised an eyebrow at them. "Why are you guys late?"

The boy with dark brown hair took a step forward towards Mr Giff. "Our car broke down. We won't be late again." His deep voice resonated in the classroom.