Chapter 37

The carriage landed and we were forced out the carriage. The sky was painted in a pitch black and foul smell invaded my nose. A huge black castle stood in front of us and tar like sticky liquid was running all over the walls of the castle.

"Look at the beauty of this place," the maniac said laughing wickedly, showing his pointed teeth. "Aiden is waiting for you inside."

He then dragged me through a giant black gate and inside the castle. The entire castle was surrounded by a pool and water inside it was red or was it blood of people. The inside of castle was decorated with heads of dead people and animals. This was the reason of foul smells. I scrunched up my nose in disgust as he dragged me towards the throne room where a giant man was sitting. He looked like a monster.

The long worm like hair was swaying in the wind. His eyes were bloody and red unlike the other ruiners. He was wearing the crown of a skull and a skull chain around his neck. He must be Khuzuboso. My gaze shifted from him to all other people. Everyone was there Aiden, Ethan, Elis and Neysa except for Alec.

Where is he?

"You're just like your grandmother, Kiara." Khuzuhoso loud and hissing voice brought my attention towards him.

I glared at him, and he looked at me with amusement.

"Take them all to the prison except for her." Khuzuhoso ordered other ruiners and they dragged everyone.

I looked towards Aiden as he was being dragged towards the door and our gaze locked. My eyes softened and I tried to convey my message to him that I had not betrayed him, but he looked at me with stone like face. His eyes were devoid of any emotion. His lips were in straight thin line, and he was looking at me like a life less person. My heart clenched and a sharp pain shoot through my heart. He brushed past me out of the door without giving me a second glance.

"It was fun watching two broken hearts," fake Aiden laughed loudly as he came in front of me and pulled his cloak to reveal Aiden's face with midnight black eyes.

"Does it hurt to look at my face?" He asked as looked at me.

I looked at him with disgust and glared at him.

"Don't look at me like that. It will take me only one second to separate Jacob's head from his body then it will be impossible for him to heal." He said laughing loudly. "And now we have Aiden as well. His head will look good on our wall."

"I'm so proud of you, son. You've become just like the way I wanted you to be." Khuzuhoso laughed loudly sending a chill went up my spine.

"Who are you? If you're his son then how do you look like Aiden? And you said earlier that I've changed a lot. How do you know that?" I asked glancing towards the fake Aiden.

"How do you not recognize me, Kiara?" He asked with amusement. "Oh! Let me change into my original form."

A black pungent smoke invaded my line of sight and hit my nose. I started to cough as the smoke grew more hiding the fake Aiden behind it. Slowly, smoke started to fade away and what I saw shocked me so much that a loud gasp escaped my mouth.

"It can't be true!" I exclaimed stepping away from the person now standing in front of me. "You're lying to me. Change into your original form. Stop playing your dirty games!"

Khuzuhoso wicked laugh echoed in the entire throne room and it almost felt like the entire room was shaking due to his evil laughter.

"It's hard to believe, huh?" He said as he laughed again.

"Your expression is priceless. It seems like I'm a very good actor." The person in front of me said laughing evilly.

"I'm so happy that you turn like me and not like your mother. She was stopping me from killing my father and was telling me that I would pay for my dirty deeds but it looks like I'm going to rule the universe. It felt so good to kill your mother by choking her. It was beautiful sight to see. You missed that my son. You were playing with serpents but I'm so proud of you today." Khuzuhoso said loudly.