Chapter 23

Aiden's POV

I was watching the psychic as she started her work. Kia was standing in front of her with her eyes closed. The psychic placed her palms on Kia's head and closed her eyes as well, then she started chanting some spell under her breath. We were watching when suddenly Kia started to tremble and lost control of her balance.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled at psychic and she opened her eyes. Her eyes widened as she took a look at Kia's falling figure.

She was falling, but I was quick to hold her before she hit the floor. I cradled her on my one arm and rubbed her shoulder by another. Her eyes were still closed and she looked pale.

"Kia!" I tried to wake her up, patting slightly on her face. "Open your eyes."

Everyone were now by my side. Jacob was patting my shoulder to assure me that everything would be okay. King Sahurrier also came in front of us.

"Calihoran!" He called Calihoran loudly, and he entered the meeting room with worry on his face.

"King Shaurrier, is everything alright?" He asked as soon as he entered the room.

"No, Kiara has lost her consciousness. Call the healer of our kingdom." He ordered him.

In hurry, he must have forgotten that we ourselves were healer. We didn't need someone else for healing us. But it seemed, for some reason her body was taking more time than necessary to heal itself. I needed to do something.

"There is no need of healer. We are also healer, and she is also the one herself." I stopped Calihoran when he was exiting the meeting room. "I just need to carry her to her room immediately. I and Jacob will take care of her healing." I said, carrying her in my arms in the bridal style.

With Kia in my arm, I quickly ran towards the door and Jacob followed me. But before I exit the door, I remembered something. I turned around and watched at psychic who was now engrossed in a deep conversation with the king, with a frown on her face.

"I want to talk to you. So, don't leave the palace until she heals." I threatened her raising my voice. At that point, I didn't care that the King Shaurrier was also present in the room, and I was giving someone order in his presence. He also didn't say anything about my rude behavior and watched me in understanding.

"I'll not go anywhere. I was not planning to. Go and heal her. I'll be here to provide you all the answer of your questions. Right now she is more important than that." Psychic replied to me calmly.

"She is right, Aiden. We need to take her to her room as fast as possible." Jacob said to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded to him and broke into a sprint with Jacob in my tow. Alec and Elis were already went to Kia's room. I climbed up the stairs taking two at a time and ran in the corridor to reach her room. Elis and Alec had already opened her door, so I went directly inside it and placed her on the bed. She was still unconscious.

God, please let her be okay. She is taking way too much time to heal.

I thought touching her forehead with the back of my hand. Her body was little cold.

"I'm going to heal her." I said loudly.

"You are not doing it alone. We will do it together." Jacob argued with me.

"No, she doesn't need that much of healing." I brushed him off and put my palm on Kia's forehead.

"Don't lie to me, Aiden. I'm not stupid. She is healer herself and still she has not healed yet, so I know how much healing she need to become conscious. Let me help you or else you will be very exhausted." Jacob argued with me.