Chapter 24 - Who do you believe?

"You!" Dominic roars, his face contorted in an expression of pure rage.

And before I can understand how, Dominic is not near me anymore but near Danton, both fighting like animals, growling and hissing. There are no humans words while they fight, no accusations, no mean words. It remembers me of a documentary I saw once where two lions were fighting. But it is much faster and much more dangerous. I listen Danton's shirt ripping when Dominic grabs it with his teeth and pushes so now I can't say who is who anymore. Suddenly, one of them falls, hitting the marble floor, staining it with dark blood and opening a crack on it. Now, one of them is in the floor while the other punches him. But then the one being punching hits the other with his foot and he falls to behind and the positions reverse, the one who was being punched is now who is punching. Or he was until the other bites him, making him hisses in agony and reverse the positions again.

I can't understand who is winning or even if there's someone winning at all. I can't even know who is who because they are equal except by their eyes and I can't see their eyes. But if they continue I'm sure that one of them will end dead. And I do not want any of them dead before I can get my answers. Making something like a suicidal decision I come closer to them.

"Stop now!" I order. They do not stop - if something the growls only get louder - and to be honest I didn't expect other thing. I sigh. What should I do? I grab a dagger that was in my boot. "I'll throw it against you and I am almost sure I'll hurt one of you!" A little dramatic but maybe it works.

I scream when one of them suddenly flies to the other side of the room, hitting the wall - where he leaves a giant hole - and falling into the floor just to gets up quicker than any human, hissing, his eyes black and angered.

His hair is a completely mess and bloodstained, he has a lot of cuts and wounds in his face and marks of bits as well as cuts and wounds in his torso and dark blood all over him. But the worst is his arm, right now in an anatomically impossible position, his hand literally touching his elbow. Feeling sick from the sight of his arm, I stagger backwards, my head spinning.

I feel myself falling just to be caught by a pair of powerful arms. I close my eyes, trying to erase the image of the arm from my head. Cold fingers touch my temples, massaging it. It feels very good and is, in fact helping, so I say nothing.

"Leave her alone!" Dominic growls. A cold shiver runs down my spin. I'm in Danton's arms which means that the twin with the broken arm is Dominic.

I feel my body start trembling and I can't control myself anymore. Escaping from Danton's grip I fall into the floor, curled into a ball.

"Kiara," they say at the same time. And then they hiss at each other, hatred clear when they do it.

"Stop it. Now!" I weakly ask. I feel something near my mouth and then I feel the cold vampiric blood touching my lips but I do not want it. I do not need it. I'm just in shock not hurt. "I... I don't need it."

"It'll help anyways. The dizziness will go away." Dominic calmly explains.

"It'll help." Danton repeats, his voice full os hatred. "Since when do you care, brother?"

"Since when do you care?" Dominic answers, aggressively. And then his voice returns to its soft and sweet tone. "Kiara, please." I open my eyes a little just to meet his golden ones, full of worry. The wounds and cuts are already healing.

"You're... Your arm!" I mumble.

"It's fine." He raises an eyebrow and smirks. "Vampire, remember?"

I roll my eyes, trying to ignore the fact that I should not feel relieve because he is okay. I drink a little of his blood, its sweetness caressing my tongue while I drink. And seconds later the dizziness is gone and his contorted arm is just a bad memory.