Chapter 23 - If I remember correctly

Yesterday I didn't see Dominic. Rebecca informed me that he would not be able to train me and then got out without any other word or explanation.

During all day I believed he might appear and give me the opportunity to ask him the questions that I couldn't forget. Questions about his eyes, his past and the other thing he said to Katherine - or more exactly to himself - after their fight. Find someone ridding a giant black horse shouldn't be that difficult. And Katherine said a name... Allocer. Who is he and why do they need to kick him out? During all day I believed he would appear. But he didn't.

And today Danton will appear and answer my questions. I'll have my answers. But it will not be Dominic giving me them. I wanted to ask him the questions so I would have the opportunity to study him while he lies to me, a opportunity to try to discover a signal that he's lying.

And until he appears I have nothing to do thanks to Dominic who is still busy doing something else. Maybe dealing with the someone ridding a giant black horse.

I sigh and grab a dagger. I will train with or without Dominic. I search for something that I could use as a target. As I don't find anything I grab a paper and draw one in it. Then I use other dagger to fix it in the door and walk to the opposite wall. Turning the dagger in my hand, feeling its cold metal in my fingers, I stare at the target. It's so easy now to hit the target... In fact, it's so easy that I wonder how it was possible I didn't be able to hit it before.

One, two, three daggers. All of them hitting the target, making me even prouder of myself. When I'm throwing the fourth dagger someone starts opening the door. I scream, knowing that if it is Rebecca then she'll not be able to stop the dagger before it hits her. I listen a soft chuckle while the dagger is throwing in my direction.

Quickly, I analyze the situation. There's no way I'm able to grab it at time. I am not prepared to do so. Therefore, my only option is get out of the dagger way. I duck and the dagger hits the wall where moments before was my head. The metallic song resonate in my ears during a little moment, telling me that I was right. I would not be able to stop the dagger.

I get up and my eyes meet Dominic's ones. They are completely black as they were two days before. No iris, no pupil, no white. Just black. I raise an eyebrow, furious and say, "You could have killed me! Are you crazy?"

A lazy and amused smirk appears in Dominic's face while his eyes seems to get even more darker despite it shouldn't be possible considering how dark they already were. "It's a shame that I didn't. If I had, right now I'd have one less problem. And one less person bothering me." He shrugs and grabs one of the daggers that were sticking in the door. "But I can always try again..."

My eyes wide in fear. I'll not be able to scape if he uses his vampiric velocity to throw the daggers. "Do... Dominic, you don't want to do that. Drop the dagger, please." I whisper.

He laughs, raising an eyebrow. "I don't want to do that. And who are you, insignificant little human, to tell me what I want or do not want to do?"

Insignificant little human? With who does he think he is talking? "How do you dare to call me insignificant?" I yell.

It makes him laugh even more which just contributes to enrage me even more. "I'm just telling the truth, darling. And even if I wasn't, you can do nothing about it which just proves my point. You are an insignificant little human that if I want I can kill with no problem."

I growl and grab the dagger that Dominic had thrown. Focus on the target and throw the dagger. I do it. And the dagger flies to outside of my room and sticks in the wall that is some meters away. Where's Dominic? I look around, my heart racing inside my chest. And then I feel it, the cold metal against my neck, the blood starting to drip because of the pressure. And his face closed to mine, the space between them almost inexistent, his cold breathe hitting my face while his completely black eyes pierce mine. His lips are drawn back in a smile of victory, distorting his beautiful face and showing his perfect white teeth and his dangerous fangs.