Chapter 1 - The New Guy

"There is a new student at the school, Kiara! People are saying he is beautiful!" Emma looks excited about the news so I smile at her.

Since I have a boyfriend, a really hot one, I really don't care about a new guy, even if he is beautiful. But Emma looks happy so I will try to look happy for her.

"This is amazing, Em!" I answer with a fake smile on my face.

Emma laughs and then retorts, "You are such a bad liar, K!"

I want to disagree but the bell rings before I can do so, making me sigh. Math class... I do love math, it's like my favorite subject, but the teacher... Mr. Foster is arrogant as hell and well... I am arrogant too which means that we are in conflict a lot of times, which makes the classes not that good.

"Don't make this face, K! Math isn't that bad!" Says the person who will not need to support Mr. Foster during the next class...

"It's not bad if the teacher likes you and doesn't make your life a living hell!"

She laughs and starts walking to her class, leaving me in the middle of the hall, wondering if I should or not skip mine. I mean it's not as if I'll be doing anything there and if I don't go I have the opportunity to watch Oliver's training. On the other hand, my parents will know if I don't go to my class which will destroy my plans of going on a date with Oliver tonight. And if I choose the right seat, I'll be able to see him through the window... Sighing, defeated by my own logic, I go to the classroom, arriving in the right moment Mr. Foster is starting to close the door.

I enter, giving him my best angelic smile, which he simply ignores.

"Miss McAllister, it's such a honor that you decided to bless us with your presence," he dryly says.

I know it is, he doesn't need to tell me... I narrow my eyes at him, letting him see how much I hate him but saying nothing, so he can't find other reason to criticize me.

"Can you choose a seat? We don't have all day!"

"My apologises, Mr. Foster," I say sarcastically, "of course I don't want to disturb your so interesting class..."

It rewards me with some laughs from some students who probably hate Mr. Foster just as much as I do, and an enraged look from him that I decide to ignore while I choose a free seat near a window.

Thankfully, Mr. Foster chooses to let it go, telling me nothing else. "Well class, before we start I just need to present you our new student, Dominic Rockwell."

His words make me turn my head in his direction, ignoring the football camps outside where Oliver is starting to run now for a moment. Which results in me noticing for the first time the guy near him. And God! Emma was right, he is undoubtedly a beauty, with his slightly messed light brown hair, mysterious golden eyes, pale skin and gorgeous face. Let's be realist, everything in him screams perfection.

He is eyeing no one in particular, preferring to ignore the entire class that's staring at him. And then his golden gaze meet mine while a strange smile appears on his face just for a moment before he speaks, in a calm, deep voice, "Hi everyone!"

The whispers that follow this mundane sentence make me sure that he will have almost every girl of the class trying to get his attention during the break - and even during the class, probably. Of course that I understand but I can't say I will do the same. After all, no boy deserves someone behaving like that and I've already a boyfriend. One that I really love and that's outside, running.