Chapter 9 - Danger

"We are here!" Dominic informs and I  sigh in relief as I remove the helmet. It is a wonder how he was able to get his driver's licence for a bike driving that fast. And talking about it...

  "Do you have a driving licence?"

  He laughs, understanding why I am asking it. "I do. I used to drive a little slow. Until I realise it makes me take much more time to arriver where I want."

  "So now you risk your life every time you want to go anywhere."

  "Believe it or not but I had never had an accident."

    "I think I'll choose to do not believe, then."

  "You have such a faith on me..."

  "I am glad you noticed." I grin, making him roll his eyes.

  "So, do you want to stand here destroying my ego or do you want to enter in the house?" he asks, pointing at the house in front of us.

  And what a beautiful house it is. It is in the edge of the forest, in the opposite side of the city, partially hidden by the trees. With two floors and a balcony in the second one, the house with its white walls where green ivy is growing, looks like one of those expensive houses in the middle of nowhere where rich people pay to stay some days without other people bothering them. And the surroundings do help to make my idea believable, the dark trees leaves slightly shaking due to the night breeze, making everything seems peaceful.

  "It is beautiful," I whisper, not wanting to talk too loud and destroy the peace of this place.

  Dominic looks at me, seeming surprised, and then at the house as if seeing it for the first time. Finally he looks at me again, a smile gracing his lips.

  "I am glad you like it," he answers, his voice barely more than a whisper just like mine was.

  Suddenly, while looking at him, I feel no need to move, to enter in the house. Staying here, in the middle of this peaceful place, doing nothing but stare at him sounds like the perfect option right now. And he seems to also do not mind of doing so, observing me attentively. I wonder who he sees when he looks at me... A friend? Something more? Or just the shattered girl that I am? I would like to know who he sees... Because when I look at him I see a beautiful guy with an amazing golden eyes that hide a lot of sadness. I see a beautiful guy who is my support and protection. I see a friend. And I want with all my heart be able to one day look at him and see more than a friend.

  A foreign emotion appears in his eyes, a cloud that makes his eyes darken, something I can't identify. It disappears as fast as it appeared but whatever it was could destroy the mood, making Dominic looks away, at the house.

  "Should I show you my modest little house, milady? Or do you prefer to stay here looking at my beautiful person?" he asks, offering me his arm.

  I laugh, trying to ignore the strange feeling the emotion in his eyes brought. 

  "Let's get inside and put a real bandage around that hand of yours," I reply, accepting his arm.

  He opens the door with one hand, never letting me go of his arm, and allows us entrance to his house. The hall is big, a staircase in the center, white wooden doors hiding the rooms behind them.

  "Let me show you the house, please," Dominic asks.

  "Your hand, Dominic," I remind him.

  "Please," he begs, looking at me with pleading eyes, which makes me sure he'll not give up.

  I sigh. "Quickly. A sleeve is not a bandage, you know?"

  "I know, I know," he replies, clearly unconcerned. "But c'mon, let me show you the house."