12

Christophe's POV 

"What do you mean they killed the mayor too!?" Kyle shouts in confusion. "Follow me." I say standing up. I push open the door as everyone follows me. I walk to a lake called Starks Pond and find a bench. 

"Why do we have to be all the way out here?" Stan says grabbing Kyle's hand. "You never know whos listening." I say sitting down. They all have worried looks on their faces telling me they've clearly have no experience with the military. 

I sigh as I pull out Gregory's notebook. "The reason I think the mayor's killer kidnapped him is because I got a call from a stranger when me and Gregory were at the police station while we were solving Mayor McDaniels case. They explained that we should stop digging around the death. I wrote down the number but they probably got rid of the phone. From what we know so far it is a male around his 40-50s. He wears 9 size shoes.  He also messed with our police report saying that the victim was killed with a knife but there was no stab wounds, only bolt wholes. For this reason he is believed to be involved with the cops." I say all in one breath.

"Holy shit dude." Kenny says pulling out a cigarette. He passes Craig and me one as well. " So in a what do we do." Craig says in a monotone voice. I stand up. "Look once you're in this there is no backing down." I turn and face them. "So are you in?" 

Word count:  266