Honeymoon

I woke up to the sound of Liam giggling next to me. I smiled, despite the fact that it was probably awfully early in the morning, judging from the light that seeped through the blinds. The things this man did to me... I didn't even mind being awake this early, as long as he was with me and he was happy. I contemplated shutting my eyes again and trying to sleep some more, but I couldn't wait to see him again, so I turned around to face him. He was propped up against the headboard, the laptop that had been provided by the hotel (a little strange on a honeymoon if you ask me, but whatever, it made Liam happy to be able to talk to the kids at home once a day, so I let him) on his lap, his finger on the touchpad as he smiled fondly at the screen.

"What are you smiling at this early in the morning?" I mumbled, moving over in the bed so I could get closer to him, basking in the warmth from his body. He smiled and looked down on me, pressing a kiss on my forehead as he said goodmorning before he turned the screen a little bit so I could see what was on it. 

"Daniel sent me a few pictures of the wedding as a sneak preview. He wrote in his email that we should go in when we're back, he's almost done editing and selecting them." I sat up straighter so I could get a good view of the screen and a grin crossed my lips as I saw what picture Liam had been looking at.

"Your face is worth gold in this one." I said, still smiling widely.

"Oh yes, sure, let's just ignore the fact that you are about to ruin your suit by trying to climb up a tree. Before the reception. And may I be so kind to remind you of the fact that you failed miserably and ended up just hanging from that branch as Daniel so kindly caught in this shot."

"Yes, let's ignore that." I clicked on the button for the next picture and chuckled. "In return we will also ignore the fact that you bolted away right after this picture was taken. Because you were afraid of the horse that was sniffling your ear."

He turned a bright shade of red, making me chuckle some more as he agreed to the deal. I scrolled through the rest of the pictures, there were about 10 and they already looked amazing. I smiled fondly a the memories of our wedding day, only a week and a half ago. Originally we should've been back at home, but we had such a great time and wanted to enjoy it some more, so we just decided to stay for another week. The kids were safe and sound at home, I was pretty much my own boss so I just rescheduled everything and Liam had another two weeks before he would start at his new job. I had finally succeeded in convincing him to quit his job, as his boss was just downright taking advantage of him. I had overheard there was a vacancy at the legal department of my management's office, and Liam got the job as soon as he applied. They paid him more and he would have less work to do, and better working hours. He had requested to leave a month between the end of his contract at his old job and the start of his new one, to have time to prepare for the wedding and spend some time together after it. 

I got out of bed and went for a shower to wake me up fully. We had about three days left here, and I was planning on making the most of it. The warmth and the sunshine did us both good, leaving us both remarkably more tanned than before. We'd spend the rest of today going out into the city, have a walk around it as it wasn't really that big, and we would probably end up in the same seafood restaurant we'd dined at almost every night. I smiled at the memory of our first night here. We had arrived late in the afternoon, both jet lagged and hungry, so we went out to find us some dinner and had a little too much of the local beer with it, maybe. We were both giggling like mad men by the time we'd arrived back at the hotel and it didn't get any better when I thought it was only fair to carry my new husband over the treshold. It took us about ten minutes and a lot of bumping into the door, giggles, almost falling and more laughter, but in the end, I managed to carry him into the room and drop him on our bed. A bottle of champagne sat on one of the nightstands, but it seemed like a better idea to keep that for the next day, we were drunk enough already. The jaccuzzi seemed like a plan, but I can assure you it is not a good idea to have a bubble bath when you're drunk. Never have I felt that sick in my life. Except for that night with the bad take away Thai, maybe. And luckily this one passed quickly so I was able to enjoy the first night of our holiday, cuddled up to my husband in the giant bed, falling asleep as soon as we were comfortable. Jet lag sure is a bitch, but we made up for the lack of loveliness the next morning, when we were up at 5am anyway, falling asleep until noon after the nice intermezzo. 

It was nice having Liam all to myself, because no matter how much I loved those three kids, it made time for the two of us scarce and something to cherish. We made sure to have at least half an hour to ourselves every day, but I loved having him for me an me alone for two entire weeks. I turned of the tap and shivered as the cool air coming from the air conditioning hit my bare skin as soon as I stepped out of the shower, making me hurry to grab one of the fluffy white towels to dry off, wrapping it around my waist as I quickly blow dried my hair. I hated doing it as it left my curls feeling dry and I always had a hard time styling them into something presentable, but if I didn't, the humid warmth would turn my hair into an afro style hairdo as soon as I set foot outside the hotel. I envied Liam for his hair at times like these. He had given up struggling with his curls on our second day here and went to find a local hairdresser who gave him a buzz cut. I would never be able to pull it off, but he could. He pulled of almost everything, it was surreal. He could be wearing a pilot's uniform and he'd still look handsome and stunning, unlike me who would look like an overgrown kid on Halloween. His shorter hair brought the grey hairs that were spread all over his skull more to attention, as well as the strand of almost white hair that sat near his temple. I didn't mind, if anything it made him look sophisticated and sexy. 

I walked out of the bedroom and took some clothes out of the wardrobe to get dressed. "Jude says hi." Liam chimed from the bed, still sitting in the same position I'd left him in half an hour earlier.

"Tell her I said hi as well, but I now want my husband all for me again, so quit chatting and take a shower." I winked before I looked around for a belt. 

"She replies you're being awfully possessive but she'll let you get away with it because we're newly weds. And she'll pick us up at the airport together with Ethan Sunday."

"Tell her she's inherited your cheeky ways and get into that shower now before I have to force you. And mind you, I won't be as nice as I was last night." I smirked at him as his face flushed and quickly typed a goodbye to Jude before he shut the lid of the laptop and got into the shower. I waited for him while I read a magazine that I'd bought at London airport and not finished on the plane. He had made it quick and stepped out of the bathroom only ten minutes later, dressed in his boxers only. I subconsciously bit my lip and licked them as I watched him getting dressed, earning me a scowl as he caught me.

"Stop gawking Haz. You can watch me whenever you want, so I'd think you'd be used to it by now."

"I don't think I'll ever get used to it."

It had passed way too quickly, but like all good things, our honeymoon had to come to an end at some point. We arrived back at Heathrow in the freezing cold, quickly pulling on the extra sweaters we'd put in our backpacks before we walked towards the conveyer belt to find our suitcases. Jude and Ethan practically jumped us as soon as we stepped out into the arrival hall, demanding stories and pictures, which we showed them, Kate and Sam as soon as we arrived at home and Liam had put our dirty laundry in the washing machine.

On Monday I took a last day off of work and we went into the city to check out the work of our photographer. The pictures were absolutely magnificent, and managed to hold every little memory I wanted to keep. My absolute favourite picture was the one that had been taken right after our first dance. We were both reluctant to let go, and just stood there, holding each other close, his head resting on my chest as my face leaned on his head, both our eyes closed and enjoying the moment. Daniel had done a great job capturing those small moments, and this was one of them. The faint lighting and the black and white of the picture made it all complete, so I asked Daniel for a large reprint of the picture to put in a frame, but he already had it done, apparently thinking it was one of the most beautiful ones as well. He said he'd need another week to work on the album and sent us back home, the large frame in a plastic bag in my hand, waiting to be put up against the wall of the living room.