Paint job

Sam was literally jumping up and down in his chair, and Kate wasn't much better. I put the cereal and the milk on the table for them to fill their own bowls while Liam was at the stove, making some eggs and toast. It was still incredibly early for my liking, especially for a Saturday, but we had an awful lot of work to do over the weekend, so we'd need the time. I managed to rescue Sam's bowl of cereal from tipping over when he jumped up to grab the orange juice, and looked up at Jude and Ethan walking into the kitchen. I noticed how Liam winced slightly as he saw Ethan wearing pyjama's around his house. He still wasn't used to them sleeping together, but he was trying really hard not to freak out over it.

"Good morning guys. Don't forget to put your sheets in the washing machine when you go back up, please." I said as I gave them a bowl and a spoon as well. They just nodded and grumbled something, making it clear that they considered this too early for a Saturday as well. 

Half an hour later, Jude and Ethan had gone back upstairs to get dressed, but the kitchen was getting filled with people chatting amongst each other, wearing old clothes and stifling a yawn here and there. Liam went to open the door when the doorbell sounded once again, and he came back with a tall blond woman and an equally blond teenage girl following suit. Kate turned a bright shade of pink as soon as she saw Sarah step into the kitchen, running over to her to hug her, and shyly pressed a small kiss on her lips. I smiled as I shared a look with Liam. He seemed to find them as cute as I did, and introduced the others to everyone who already had arrived. I quickly checked off in my head if everyone who had said they'd come and help out was now here, which seemed to be the case, and as soon as Jude and Ethan joined us again, I started teaming everyone up while Liam went to get blankets and plastic covers for the floor and furniture. Kendra and Kenneth would help Sam with his room, Kate and Sarah would paint Kate's with the help from Sarah's mum Erin, Gemma would help (and supervise) Jude and Ethan for Jude's room while Liam and I would paint his bedroom. We had done most of the preparations the night before, his wardrobe already shoved away from the wall and covered in old sheets, as well as the small desk that sat in his room. He had taken the picture frames off the wall and already got most of the pictures out of them. They were now in the albums where they'd come from, and the frames were tucked in his desk drawer, waiting to be filled with new pictures. I'd told him last week that he didn't have to get rid of the wedding picture on his nightstand, but he had insisted on it.

"Harry, listen, no matter if David would've wanted me to be happy again, it doesn't mean I'm perfectly comfortable with my dead husband watching us making love. So, that picture goes back into the wedding album. We can put a picture from the photoshoot in it when we get those printed." He made it very obvious that he meant every word, so I had backed off and kept my mouth shut when he had taken out the other pictures. Only the one from their family holiday in Spain stayed in its frame, but he changed its place so it wasn't on the nightstand on my side of the bed anymore. Apparently, he was really serious about the whole redecorating thing. We all went upstairs and Liam and I gave the last instructions about paint colors and painting equipment before everyone got to their task. 

Liam and I went into the bedroom, turning up the volume on the stereo we'd brought upstairs as Liam started with the masking tape. We were the perfect team, as he was the patient and meticulous enough to put up masking tape and paint the edges, while I loved painting large surfaces with the roller. We sang along to the music loudly, wiggling our asses and swaying our hips as we worked. I was pretty much done with the second wall, the previous yellow-orange colour almost completely covered by the new grey when I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind.

"Hey hey there mister, no keeping me from my work!" I winked as I glanced at him behind my back. 

"Stop being all sexy painting and swaying those hips of yours then," he replied, pushing his body closer to mine, breathing hot air down my neck.