A long week... and a date

When we pulled into the muddy parking lot of Sam's football club that Sunday morning, I was happy that Jude and Kate were still half asleep and Sam was oblivious to this kind of things. I was just certain that my face was radiating happiness and love when I noticed Harry's car was already there. It seemed impossible, Harry Styles, famous for sleeping in and being late whenever he had to be somewhere early in the morning (and everything before 11 was considered as early) was actually early. For me. Or for Sam. Didn't matter, he was here, for us. The radiation became even worse when I spotted him at the side of the field. He hadn't seen us yet, and he was staring in front of him, a dreamy, glassy look in his eyes. It was quite cold, not unusual for the end of November, and he was dressed to resist the icy wind. He looked handsome, no, beautiful in his long grey coat, a white scarf wrapped around his neck and black woolen gloves without fingers. He had always worn them. He said he still wanted to feel what he touched, even though his fingers nearly froze off when it got really cold.

For once I felt really sorry that Kate and Jude had wanted to come to Sam's football match, because the only thing I wanted to do when he finally spotted us and his eyes locked with mine was run straight to him and kiss the life out of him. Instead I watched him scoop up my son and have a short conversation I couldn't understand as they were still 10 yards away from me. I waved back at Sam when he ran off to the clothing rooms and closed the distance between Harry and me. It sucked so badly to have to settle with a small hug and a chaste kiss on the cheek when his smell invaded my nostrils. For a second I wished we were 16 again and could just run off to the bathrooms during halftime to make out.

Sams match went by pretty quickly, his team played better than before but their contestants were first in their division so they won 8 to 3. Sam couldn't care less though, he was happy enough he only fell down in the mud once and grinned happily when he ran off he field at the end. It was already very clear that I wasn't that important to him whenever Harry was around, so I wasn't surprised when he started babbling about his match to Harry and just ignored me completely. After a few minutes I managed to draw his attention long enough to send him to the showers and told him we would be inside the small cafeteria waiting for him. Harry walked up to the bar to get us four hot chocolates, in an attempt to warm up again. I looked forward to the end of the season so I could get a break of standing here every weekend freezing to death. The hot chocolate tasted horrible as always, the only thing that resembled chocolate in it was the foul brown colour.

Sam wanted a coke when he got out of the shower, so I went to get him one. I was waiting at the bar for the eighteen year old bartender to notice me between all the players' big sisters that were putting it all out to get his attention when I felt a hand on my hip. I looked up to see who's hand it was and felt a big spread on my face as I found Harry next to me. "Hey babe." I whispered softly, suppressing the ever growing urge to kiss him and growing more frustrated with every minute that I couldn't do it.

The rest of the day flew by in a haze, Kate and Jude spent the afternoon studying and I helped Sam with his homework, counting down the hours until they would go to bed so I could call Harry. The same thing happened every day of the next week, come home from work, cook, clean, get everybody to bed, call Harry. It were the best 30 minutes of my day. I hated our busy schedules preventing us from seeing each other properly, but it was the best we could get.

On Friday the girls stayed up a little longer, as they wanted to see a movie that was on, keeping me up as well. I was knackered from another week from hell at work, but I couldn't go to bed without having heard him. In some ways this reminded me of when we were both 16, we used to call each other every night, secretly if we had to. I noticed I was close to falling asleep before the movie wasn't even halfway through, so I decided to go to bed and call Harry from my bedroom.