May We Meet Again

Wattson walked up to me and handed me his gym badge alongside the TM for Shock Wave. I put the yellow disk into my TM Case and I placed my newly earned badge into my Badge Case.

Wattson congratulated me and I thanked him, returning Nian and putting Ralts on my shoulder.

My uncle walked up to me and shook his head with a big smile on his face. "You really have grown Wally. Don't tell your parents but-you go on that adventure. You're ready."

I started to jump up and down all over again. "Really? Thanks, uncle!"

May walked over to us next. "Wow Wally, I've never seen anything like what you just did. That was really awesome!"

My face turned red from the praise. "Th-thanks May."

We walked out of the gym together and my uncle shook my hand. "Best of luck on your journey Wally. You know you can always come home whenever you need to."

I nodded to him and thanked him again. With that, he turned and left to go to his job.

"You know Wally, you've gotten pretty strong. How about we have a battle before we part ways?" May proposed.

I wasn't pretty exhausted mentally from the battle against Wattson but I supposed a fun fight against May wouldn't be too bad.

Let's do this Wally! Use me! Ralts insisted. I'll show them what for!

"Th-th sounds good. We should probably heal our Pokémon first though." I suggested. We walked to the courtyard.

The courtyard was a nice little patch of grass in the center of Mauvile with a fancy fountain in the center. The Pokémon Center and PokeMart could be found in this little courtyard.

We walked into the red-roofed building and each got out Pokémon healed.

As walked outside, May sent out her Combusken. Combusken was the evolved form of Torchic. She was standing on two legs and was fairly tall. She had long arms with sharp talons on the ends of them. Her body had overall developed far more and he was wildly different from Torchic.

May stretched her arms. "Alright let's just keep it to one Pokémon each."

Ralts teleported off of my shoulder and flexed his non-existent muscles. Oh yeah! It's Ralts time!

May, seemingly not hearing Ralts, chuckled at him. "What a silly Pokémon. Anyway, let the battle begin!"

"Ralts use Confusion!" I said. Ralts sent a blue wave of energy into Combusken. Though the Pokémon didn't look very phased.

"Use Flame Charge!" May's Pokémon was suddenly engulfed in flames and charged at Ralts.

"Ralts use Teleport to dodge!" Duh! Ralts teleported out of the way and behind Combusken.

Combusken turned around and glared at Ralts. Who chose that moment to stick his tongue out at the fighting bird Pokémon. "Combusken keep using Flame Charge until you hit Ralts!"

This time Combusken moved far faster. Ralts barely got out of the way and didn't have time to say anything snarky.

Combusken slammed into him on his third time around and Ralts barely stopped himself from falling over completely.

This was bad. With the speed increase, the battle was mine to lose. "Hang in there Ralts! Use Confusion again!"

Ralts tried his psychic attack again but this time Combusken easily got out of the way. "Use double kick!" May's Pokémon rushed over to Ralts and kicked him twice.