Chapter 20- A Surprise Visitor

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke the next morning in the small, cluttered room that used to belong to Percy. Cardboard boxes were high piled up in the corner, with a desk and chair buried underneath them. I slid out of bed and groggily pulled a cardigan on over my pyjamas. My head ached dully and my stomach rumbled slightly as I trudged down the stairs. I had gone straight to bed after I had tried on my dress, everything that happened yesterday exhausted me and all I wanted to do was sleep. However, the dress Ginny had chosen for Hermione, Luna and I was very pretty and I felt bad that I could not bring myself to appreciate it properly. It was a pale blue, strapless dress, which flowed out into a skirt just above my knee. It was belted at the waist by a piece of ribbon of the same colour.

I made my way into the kitchen, and saw Molly stood by the kettle.

“Good morning” I said, forcing a smile.

Molly turned around and smiled kindly back, “Good morning Athena, did you sleep well?”

“Yes thank you, very well.” I lied, my sleep was light and restless, and I still felt numb, as I have done for six weeks. I never truly realised how losing someone could affect you, until then. It’s the worst feeling in the world.

I sat at the large table and Molly placed a cup of tea in front of me, I gripped the mug tightly.

“Where is everyone?” I wondered aloud.

“Harry and Ron are at work, and Ginny and Hermione are preparing wedding invitations.” Molly laughed. “It is eleven o’clock.”

I gasped “I should’ve been up hours ago!”

“I was going to wake you up, but you looked like you needed the rest.”

I relaxed. “Thank you.”

I sat in silence for a couple of minutes, sipping at my drink while Molly bustled around the kitchen.

I heard footsteps at the door, instinctively I turned around. His face was tired and sunken in, he looked like hadn’t slept properly in weeks, like me. There was no smile on his face and his normally sparkling brown eyes were dull and dark. But I still smiled. Finally I had seen him.

Confusion flickered across George’s face. “What are you doing here?” he asked me harshly.

I laughed; his voice was music to my ears, even though he wasn’t speaking to me kindly.

Molly looked at us “I’m going to go upstairs…” she muttered and hurried up the stairs.

This was the first time I had laughed in weeks, I couldn’t bring my eyes away from his face.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked, I could tell he was getting annoyed, his shoulders had stiffened.

“It’s just good to see you.” I smiled; my heart was thumping in my chest, like the beat to my favourite song.

He was still wary, but I couldn’t stop smiling. I couldn’t believe he was there, stood in front of me.

He took a couple of steps towards me; I got up out of my chair.

He walked straight past me and went up the stairs.

I gaped and my eyes followed his path; he had just walked away, so easily, without a second look. It suddenly occurred to me; maybe he didn’t love me back. Surely that should have been my first realisation, but I was so blind. In fact, it was obvious, he didn’t even look remotely happy to see me. But then again, why would he be?