Chapter 15- What the heart wants...

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked out into the cobbled street and Tiger sped up her pace, to a point where I was almost jogging beside her. “What’s the rush?” I gasped.

“What part of ‘I’m meeting him now didn’t you understand?!” she huffed at me, emphasising the ‘now’ in her sentence.

I just nodded and carried on walking, we turned a corner and I found myself in the same place that I had sat a couple of weeks earlier, weeping about Sam. What a mess I’ve been recently. Sobbing over one guy one minute and, apparently, shamelessly flirting with another guy the next. I’d like to blame the rollercoaster life that I’ve been leading recently, but that’s no real excuse. I just can’t handle emotion too well; I’ve been brought up a soldier. Which I suppose explains my reaction when I see Draco Malfoy stood in the same place that I last saw him a few weeks ago.

 “Draco!!” Tiger screamed, her voice oozing excitement. She ran up to him and he swung around, grinning from ear to ear, as she flung herself into his arms.

 “Athena” he whispered into her hair. And then he noticed me.

He looked up “What is she doing here?” he said pushing Athena away.

“Oh” she smiled, keeping hold of his arms “This is my new friend Athena, we have the same name, how cool is that?!”

He didn’t respond, “I invited her to meet you!” she said, waiting for the excitement that would never come.

I couldn’t pull my eyes away from his face, so this is the person he fell in love with. Tiger Lily, an international singing sensation, witch and soldier for the Order. The complete opposite to him, and yet, somehow, they unconditionally love each other. I suppose I should find that cute or adorable but I was kind of repulsed, how could she love a man like him. I contorted my face into disgust, the look which Draco was currently mirroring.

Tiger looked between us, confusion written on her face, “Do you two know each other?”

“We’ve only met a couple of times” I answered, stiffly.

“She’s apart of the Wizard Elite.” Draco spat.

“Don’t be like that Draco, I’m sure she’s not out to kill you, not like the others!” Tiger whined.

“She still thinks she can judgeme.” He snarled, shooting daggers in my direction.

“Based on good evidence.” I shot back.

For a moment our eyes locked, pure contempt flowing between us, both of our hands slid over our wands.

 “Wow, if looks could kill.” Tiger laughed nervously, trying to break the tension.

That phrase reminded me of what the Death Eaters had done, how many they had murdered, all the innocent people that had died. All the innocent families that were now suffering because of it, people like George who had lost those closest to them.

“It’s fitting, I suppose.” I murmured.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, her eyes suddenly darkening, I can’t believe she’s defending him.

“He is a Death Eater after all.” I snarled.

I turned and walked away, knowing that there was no chance of either of them going after me or shooting a spell in my direction, in fear of being discovered. Death Eaters couldn’t afford to be found at times like these. Something, that I was secretly thankful for at that moment, I was ill prepared for a duel. I stormed down the street, still reeling over how someone like Tiger Lily could be with someone like Draco Malfoy; after knowing everything he had done, how weak he was, what he had been apart of.

Luckily, George’s shop wasn’t far from where we were, so I could disappear quite easily. I burst into the shop making the door slam after me. The customers in the shop looked up and George came into view.

“I can’t believe it’s him!” I screamed.

“You met him then.” George said dully.

I looked at him “You knew?” my voice dropped.

“They were together before everyone found out what he was.” George sighed “She stuck by him through all of it, and as much as we all hate it. They genuinely love each other.”

I suddenly realised that the shop had fallen silent, that all the customers were watching. I looked round and raised my eyebrows, questioning them; everyone went back to browsing the shelves.

“Come on” George said, tugging my arm towards the back of the shop and into the lift. I looked at him.

“Verity will keep an eye on the shop; you explain why you are in such a foul mood.” George said, pressing the button for the apartment.

I sighed, trudged into the apartment and flopped onto the sofa. To find Twitchy stood at the end of it, her eyes wide and her little hands holding a sandwich, as if I actually wanted a sandwich. “It’s lunch time Miss” she said innocently.

I took it off her,  “Thank you Twitchy” I smiled and placed the sandwich on the coffee table. George nodded at her and she disappeared into her cupboard. He looked at me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes, and turned my head from him, why didn’t he tell me who Tiger’s boyfriend was? Why didn’t he warn me?

He picked my legs up off the sofa and sat in their place, I placed them back onto his lap, so I was still lying comfortably.

“Spill.” He said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” I huffed.

“No point, it’s not that important.”

“Not that important?!” I said sitting up. “It would have stopped me threatening him!”

His eyes widened “Athena what have you done?” he said.

I relayed the story to George, who sat there, listening intently and when I finished he began laughing.

I looked at him, agape. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because only you would do that.” He grinned.

I huffed in frustration, shooting him a look of annoyance, George continued laughing.

“Look, I’m hardly fond of the guy but Tiger is my friend.” George said, a little softer  “So, no matter how hard it is to for me to accept that they are together, I have to, because she is my friend.”

“So you will accept it even if he is a Death Eater, someone who tried to kill us and everything that we hold close?” I said, my lip trembling.

“Even then.” George’s dropped even lower “because she loves him, and there is nothing we can do about it.”

I slid back down onto the sofa, facing the ceiling.

“The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess” George said lightly, and my heart melted at his words.

A/N:  I AM SOOOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I can't believe it has been over two months! Well, that's the last you will see of Tiger Lily, thank you to Caseye for letting me use her in my book, but don't worry there are a few more chapters to go before the end of the book!:) I'm sorry that it was a short chapter, but already working on the next one and hopefully have it up before next weekend, I apologise again if it's not! I'd like to thank you all for perservering with me and staying interested in the story for so long, it makes me so happy! Remember, if you have any ideas for Athena, then don't hesitate to tell me! Thank you and sorry again! Much love:)<3