Chapter 10- On My Own

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING.

I was curled up on the sofa when George walked in. “Do you want me to bash his head in?”

I looked at him quizzically.

“Sometimes muggle violence is necessary” he shrugged. I couldn’t help but laugh, George had a habit of making me laugh when I least wanted to.

“It’s fine” I said “I’d rather you make a surprise attack with one of your punching Telescopes or something”

 This time, George started laughing “You know, I think that might be more effective”

George came to join me on the sofa, “We are having a family gathering tomorrow, so Ginny and Harry can announce the news”

 “Is everyone going?” I asked a little warily, knowing how big George’s family was.

“Yep all of my brothers, any wives or girlfriends that may apply, and you, there is no getting out of it” he gently elbowed me in the ribs, grinned and walked off towards his bedroom. My eyes followed him until his bedroom door shut. I was in silence until I noticed Twitchy staggering into the room, she looked at me, eyes wide “Is it ok if Twitchy goes to bed Miss?” she rubbed them and yawned loudly “It’s been a long day Miss, a very long day…”

“Of course Twitchy, you don’t have to ask!” I smiled at her, she was absolutely adorable, there was no doubt.

“Thank you Miss, very kind Miss…” her eyes drooped as she staggered into a little cupboard which acted as a bedroom; apparently she had chosen it for herself.

After sitting for what seemed like hours, I wandered into my bedroom. It no longer had the bag full of clothes on the floor, George had let put them all in his wardrobe seeing as there wasn’t one in the spare room. I suspected that there was one in Fred’s room, but that door was never opened. I looked into the mirror on the wall and saw myself. My hair lay limp on my head; my eyes were sore from crying and my face was pale and washed out. I stood there wondering, what is it that Sam doesn’t want? Am I not good enough? Have I left it to late to win him back? I couldn’t think of any answers apart from for the last question: yes, I had left it too late.

I turned away from the mirror and carefully peeled of my clothes to put on my pyjamas, I padded across the hallway to walk into the bathroom I splashed water on my face, pulled my hair up into a messy bun and thoroughly cleaned my teeth, trying to brush away the sobs that had escaped my mouth earlier.

I suddenly realised how cold it was when a shiver ran across my body, my bare shoulders and legs came up in goose bumps, I ran back to my room and jumped into my bed. Wrapping the duvet around my body I lay in the darkness, waiting for sleep to envelope me. But it never came. 

A/N: I'm sorry that it's stupidly short but I felt that I couldn't write the next chapter with this in it, so I will try and update soon- the next chapter has already been started! (I promise it will be much longer!)