Chapter 6- It all became too much

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING.

As we carried on walking down Diagon Alley my head began to spin, I needed to go home, wherever that was these days. “Are you alright Athena?” Ginny looked at me, concern written on her face “You’ve gone pale”

“I’m fine” I murmured “I think I just need to go back to the flat and have a lie down, I’m sorry I’ve ruined your day.”

She wrapped an arm around my shoulders “Aww no you haven’t, do you want me to walk back with you?”

“No… its fine, I’ll be ok”

“Okay, sorry you’re ill” she pouted.

“Hey!” I said, now feeling a little stupid “It’s not your fault!” She brought me into a full on hug “I hope you’re okay soon” I pulled away from her and smiled gratefully. I turned into George’s shop, which we were now stood next to. I walked through as quickly as I could, dodging all the people, I needed to go into the comfort of my room as quickly as possible, as I did this I noticed George shout after me “You okay?” but I couldn’t be bothered to answer him. I pushed the button on the lift and stumbled into the flat.

I flopped onto the bed and I began to sob. Everything was changing far too quickly, one minute I’m living in the elite, learning fighting tactics and being completely in the dark about everything, then the next minute I’m living in a flat with an almost complete stranger, all my stuff packed in a bag and knowing so much my head thumped like a bass drum. True is, I’m scared. Just so, so, scared, it’s like a terrible phobia that just won’t leave me alone, something that just sat on my shoulders, pushing me down. I curled into a tight ball and let the tears flow.

A while later I heard the door creak “I was going to give you time to yourself but after an hour I got a little bored” George’s familiar voice murmured, I sat up on the bed, wiped my face and turned to look at him. “You’re better off leaving me alone, I’m not going to be much company” my voice was thick from the crying. George came over and sat on the end of the bed “Want to talk about it?”

“It’s stupid” I shook off his kindness.

“More reason to hear it” he smiled at me and reached out his hand to turn my head to towards him. And suddenly everything I had been thinking over the last hour came out, except about Draco that had to stay with me. George didn’t say anything; he looked at me with those deep brown eyes and got off the bed. He held out his hand, “Let me show you something” I looked up at him, confused, and took his hand. He led me out of the room “I’m going to take you somewhere special” he intertwined his fingers into mine and the familiar twisting feeling of apparation filled my stomach.

I found myself in a graveyard; the stars twinkled up in the sky and the moon left a cover of twilight on the gravestones. George led me to a white grave stone, it was surrounded by huge bouquets of flowers and etched into the stone the words ‘Fred Weasley, a son, a brother, a friend and an expert prankster’. I squeezed George’s hand and said “This is your brother’s grave”

George sniffed “Yeh”

“Why here George?” a cold breeze brushed my shoulders, I shivered. George wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my hair “Because I’m scared too” Something felt very right about us stood there like that, his arms around my waist, my head buried into his chest, the only other person I felt like that with was Sam. I gently pulled my arms out of the embrace and wrapped them around George’s neck. I looked up into his face “Why” I asked, his face went sad.

“Fred was my twin, I did everything with him, we were together all the time” I began to trace the scar where his ear should have been with my fingers.

“And now I’m all alone, there’s a massive hole where he was” He looked down at me, searching my face.

“I’ll fill the hole” I murmured.