Chapter 16- Ginny's Dress

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, CHARCTERS OR SETTINGS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K. ROWLING.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke drowsily, with the sun streaming through the curtains. I looked over at my clock and saw the time, ‘10:30 am’. And then I remembered. I was meant to meet Ginny and help her choose her dress at ten o’clock. Her wedding was in 4 months exactly, today was August 24th. Harry and Ginny, being the impossibly cliché people that they are, chose Christmas eve for the day of their wedding, I couldn’t understand it myself- far too cold for my liking, but then again, it’s not my wedding. I would have jumped out of my bed, but my eyelids were heavy and my body didn’t want to leave my warm covers. Eventually I dragged myself away, took a quick shower, grabbed a piece of toast on my way out and quickly apparated to The Burrow.

I was very lucky, being in my half dazed state, I wasn’t concentrating on the apparition properly and almost got splinched. Thankfully, only the toast suffered, ending up in a crumbled mess in my palm. I threw the crumbs onto grass for the birds to take and walked into the house to find Ginny, Hermione and Mrs Weasley glaring at me, Luna was there as well but she was staring of into the distance, gently humming to herself.

“What time do you call this?” Ginny said bluntly, her eyes boring into me.

She truly is terrifying when she’s angry.

“Um…” I began to stutter “I slept in late?”

“Well at least you’re here now, dear” Mrs Weasley cut in “But we have an appointment at Madam Malkins in ten minutes.”

Ginny’s eyes almost popped out of her head, I could tell she didn’t want to get her wedding dress from there, but she was too nice to say anything to her mother. Hermione could tell as well, we shared a look of worry. A spark lit in my head, “Hey, why don’t we make your dress, Ginny?” I said, hoping that possibly this would put me back in the good books.

“Athena, we have four months, that’s hardly enough time to create a wedding dress.”

“That’s where you’re wrong my friend!” I laughed.

“We’ll use transfiguration” Luna giggled her usual airy laugh that spread a sort of sparkle through the room.

“Exactly!” I beamed “All we need is a small piece of white fabric and we can make a one of a kind dress that fits all of Ginny’s expectations” I’d struck gold, Ginny’s face lit up and Hermione gave me a look of approval Luna was smiling gently and Mrs Weasley- was still glaring.

“Oh and you know how to create such a dress do you, Athena?” She smiled sarcastically.

“We learnt how to create clothing in the elite; it was a part of deception and disguise classes.”

“And have you ever worn such items of clothing, dear?” her voice sharpened, she was trying to catch me out.

“Yes, on the first night you met me, my dress was made out of an old t-shirt.” I smiled triumphantly.

“I did love that dress…” Ginny sighed.

Mrs Weasley looked at me “I have an old white dress, from my teenage years you know- I’ll go and get it.”

As Mrs Weasley walked up the stairs, Ginny ad Hermione gaped at me.

I looked at them quizzically.

“You just convinced my mother out of her own plan!” Ginny gasped “I salute you!”

We all began to laugh as Mrs Weasley walked back down the stairs clutching a white, frilly dress with bits of lace fraying at the ends. “What do you find so funny, this was the height of fashion in my day!”