Chapter 12- That Cheeky Grin

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed and looked into his eyes “Thank you” I whispered, leaning my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat through his clothes, I smiled to myself.

 Suddenly I heard a cheer and Harry was holding the snitch in his hand. Apparently he was completely oblivious to what had just happened. He looked at George and I, “Where’s your broom?” he asked me, confused.

I heard several groans and George laughed into my shoulder. I heard Molly screaming at the top of her voice.

I looked down to see her holding her chest, gasping, “Are you ok?!” she shouted “George, bring her down!”

For some reason when she said that I felt my cheeks burn bright red, maybe it was because George still had his arms wrapped tightly around me, holding me securely on his lap. Some how he managed to steer the broom to the ground and place me in front of Molly, who wrapped me up in a hug.

“Oh Athena!” she breathed “Are you ok?”

I smiled and nodded at her, truthfully I was a little shaken up, but I wasn’t going to admit that.

She let go of me and led me backs towards the house, “It’s time for dinner anyway, come and sit down” she said soothingly, like the mother I never had.

Once we had all made it to the table I found Ron on one side of me and George on the other, after the incident he barely left my side, frequently making jokes about balance, causing me to glare and him flashing his signature cheeky grin. Everyone was engaged in conversations with each other around the table, talking about the game, telling stories or laughing at jokes. In general everyone seemed happy. I was daydreaming when Ron turned to me “Nothing like a game of Quidditch to get to know each other” he smiled and he flung an arm around my shoulders. I laughed and shook my head at him. I was suddenly aware of the feeling of belonging. This was what family was like, sitting together, talking, laughing. I smiled broadly at this thought just as Molly brought the beef casserole to the table. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, that George eyed Ron’s arm on my shoulder disapprovingly, I smiled to myself.

Everyone was sat in front of empty plates murmuring words of thanks to Molly, and feeling bloated after eating too much food. Slowly, everyone trickled away, saying they had to go or get to work or in Andromeda’s case put Teddy to bed.  I looked around, the place was surrounded by dirty plates, “I’ll help tidy up, Molly” I said, beginning to clear the table.

Before Molly could answer George interrupted “Mum will be fine, magic you see…” he said hurriedly grabbing my arm, “We have to go now anyway” he flashed a warning look at me.

Molly gave George a sharp glare, confused, I looked at her for approval; I didn’t want to seem rude.

“It’s fine dear” Molly said to me, “We’ll make George do it all tomorrow” she smirked.

 I put down the plates and grinned at her “Thank you” I mouthed, she returned my gesture with a smile.

“Oh mother you’re such a joker!” George said, he was now stood by the door, smiling at me “Coming?” he asked.

“Of course” I said, skipping past him and out of the door. “See you there” I smiled cheekily at him, waved and apparated back to the shop, stumbling slightly when I landed.

I looked around, the shop was closed and the window wasn’t lit up like normal. I stared at the door and tried to open it, it was locked. I knew there were various protection charms on the door so there was no point in trying to get in. I heard a faint chuckle. Looking around wildly, I tried to find the source of the noise.

“Thought you would beat me?” the voice came from above me.

I cautiously looked up, there was George leaning out of the flat window, the wind ruffling his hair and a stupid grin plastered on his face “You should of apparated straight to the flat,” he said.

I glared at him “Damn” I muttered “Hadn’t thought of that” shuffling my feet I looked up again and George had gone.

Before I knew it he was leaning against the frame of the shop door, “Would you like to come in?” he asked, eyes sparkling, eyebrows raised.

I rolled my eyes “You are so not funny”

“On the contrary” he replied “I’m bloody hilarious”

I stormed into the shop walking straight past George and to the lift on the other side of the building. George followed, smirking whenever I looked behind me. I stomped into the lift, my arms folded across my chest, like a small child; I leant against the back wall. George walked in after me smugly. He stood opposite me with his hands lazily in his pockets, still smirking at me. The lift began move slowly, I cracked into a smile, I couldn’t help it, he had that effect on me. George began to laugh, causing me to laugh with him; by the time the door opened we were in fits. I ran out of the lift and into the flat, still laughing. I turned to face him, his face still alight with a grin making my smile even wider. I loved seeing him like that.

Glancing at the time a suddenly realised how late it was, almost eleven. “I’m going to bed” I chuckled, turning back around towards my bedroom, feeling a warm glow in my stomach.

“Hey!” George shouted, I suddenly felt a pairs of hands on my waist, flipping me back around. Before I could protest, a pair of lips crushed against mine, taking me by surprise. The pressure softened, allowing me to kiss him back. My heart skipped several beats, my breath catching in my chest. His lips were soft against mine, perfectly shaped to fit each other. Any gap that was between us closed, my hands knotted in his hair, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. A thousand fireworks burst between us, I felt him smile against my mouth for just a moment before he returned to kissing me once more. 

 A/N: This chapter is dedicated to SilviaV, because she has been amazing for helping me with my story as well as providing great conversation! Sorry for the late update, but what do you think?! Any ideas about what should happen next? PM me if you do ;) Anyway, thank you for sticking with me, don't forget to read, vote and enjoy! :)<3