Chapter 8- The Leaky Cauldron

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER STORYLINE, SETTINGS OR CHARACTERS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO J.K ROWLING. 

I woke up the next morning with butterflies in my stomach; it was the kind of feeling you got on themorning of your birthday, when you know it’s going to be a good day. I skipped into the kitchen, my mood making an all time high.

 I found Twitchy in the kitchen, frying what smelled like bacon; and George sat with his feet on the table, fiddling with one of his many inventions. He turned to look at me “Someone’s in a good mood” he said, flicking his wand at the contraption in his hands.

“Why shouldn’t I be?” I laughed, sliding onto the chair opposite him just as Twitchy placed a bacon roll in front of each of us.

“No reason” George mused “Just thought you had met Sam a thousand times before. What makes today different?” he started picking at the bread.

I couldn’t think of anything to say so I ignored him and began to eat breakfast.

 The silence following our conversation was interrupted by a brown owl swooping through the window and landing in front of me; causing plates to clatter.

 The owl starting hooting impatiently so I gently untied the letter from its leg and unrolled the parchment. ‘How about 11? Can’t wait to see you, from Sam’ I smiled to myself and my heart did a back flip. The owl instantly flew back out of the window, not waiting for a reply.

“Who’s it from?” George said, leaning over the table to take the note off of me “Oooh, Sam obviously wants to see you!” he looked at me and did an over exaggerated wink.

I stole back the note “It’s none of your business!” I said leaving the table to go and find something to wear; which is no easy task.

After an hour of trying on different outfits, throwing them on the floor and desperately looking for another one I began to despair. Currently, I was wearing my skinny jeans with a floral chiffon blouse and a pair of black heels; just because they made my legs look miles long, I turned around in the full length mirror, assessing the outfit for the third time.

“That one” I turned to find George at the door “Thought I’d make the decision for you” he said smiling that cheeky smile again.

“Have you been spying on me?” I replied, smirking slightly.

“No, but I thought, considering you have been in there for an hour and that you have to be there in ten minutes, that you might want an extra opinion.” He said smugly.

I gasped “Ten minutes? Crap.” I arranged my hair over my shoulders and quickly applied some mascara. “Do I look okay?” I asked George.

“Classic Cinderella, now hurry up and meet Prince Charming” he said “I want to lock the flat.”

I scowled at him as I left, and made my way out of the building into Diagon Alley. I saw the swinging sign to the Leaky Cauldron and began my walk towards it, instantly regretting my choice of shoes as I picked my way over the cobbled street.

I entered the pub to find Sam sat at a table in the corner, he smiled as walked over. Tingles ran up my spine, “Hey” he said leaning over a hugging me tightly. I noticed he didn’t say anything about my outfit. To be honest I didn’t really expect him to.

“Hi” I smiled back, a blush rising to my cheeks.

“I can’t believe we have to arrange meetings now” he said, laughing “This is so different from seeing each other everyday in the elite”

“I know it’s a little scary really” I said, looking down at my feet, Sam was the only one I felt really comfortable saying that to. Then I remembered the night with George, I shook off the memory quickly.