The Date

Troy's P.O.V

I'm surprised. Gabriella doesn't seem to be openly attracted to me; I thought she would be drooling all over me. I decide to invite her to the game and the party afterward, as I do she begins to chuckle evilly. I'm scared of this chick. She makes Sharpay look normal. Well maybe not normal, but less of a crazy stalker. I go back over to stand with my group and get my minions to fetch me an ice cold grape slushee. Perfect. I notice Chad and Taylor passing flirtatious glances. How dare he ! Taylor is mine ! Every girl in this school is mine ! Then he begins talking to his hair, like his hair is better than mine ! How dare he ! I AM THE ONE WITH PERFECT HAIR AROUND HERE ! I head to basketball practice to get ready for the game tomorrow, still mad at Chad. I don't know if me and Chad should be best friends anymore, it was mainly for him. I glance around the group of sweaty basketball players.

'Perhaps not' I think to myself. Everyone here is a weirdo. That's why I have a separate changing room, that and they are all probably attracted to me and I need to get changed where they can't stare at my amazing body. A group of girls run up to me with their cell phones on.

"Troyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!" They scream and one of them tries to kiss me. Zeke sees and runs to my aid.

"Alright ladies, Mr Bolton has basketball practice to go to, step aside" He tells them.

"Thank you, my happy, loyal, not-as-good-looking-as-me minion. Now you move aside too." I say, pushing him out of the way with my hand.

"I thought we were friends, Troy!" He whimpered, giving me the wounded puppy eyes.

"You wish, you strange creme brûlée child." I tell him, before sassily walking to the gym. I love my life as king.

****************************************************************************

Sharpay's P.O.V

I'm sulking in a corner when I see someone walking to the gym. Alone.

"Troy !!!!!!"

This is my opportunity.

"Hey Troy, I heard there's a game on Friday, and a party at yours afterwards. Just to let you know, I'll be there, and I'm super excited for it !" I tell him, smiling my super attractive I'm-so-pretty-you've-got-to-love-me smile, and flicking my long blonde amazing hair. He's going to totally fall in love with me.

"Sorry Sharpay, you're not invited, and I wouldn't want you trashing up my party with all your bitchiness." Troy snaps, before sauntering off to the gym. He's so mean but he's so perfect.

I notice Ryan watching, a jealous look on his face.

"Ryan ! What are YOU staring at !?" I yell at him.

"Uh, I just, um, uh, yeah...." He stammers back.

"What, are you in love with Troy or something ?" I snap back. I click my fingers to summon my minions and we all strut away. That's when I realise how accurate I might be.

****************************************************************************

Ryan's P.O.V

Sharpay knows ! How could she know ? I love Troy, okay ? Sharpay was just an excuse. I don't really believe in incest, I've loved him for so long, and I just needed to mask my feelings. I need a girl to act as a cover, and quick. I glance around and see who's in the corridor, someone's who's sad and sort of vulnerable. That's when I notice her, being pushed into a water fountain by three jocks. Her glasses hit the ground and I'm over like a flash of bright blue and yellow lightning. I bend over and pick her glass up.

"Hey Kelsi." I say gently, like I'm trying not to scare off a baby deer that I'm about to shoot.

"Hey, um, Ryan. I'm sorry, I've not finished that duet yet." Kelsi says, hanging her head in shame.

"Kelsi, it's fine. That's not why I'm over. I was wondering if you wanted to come to the game with me on Friday and we can go to Troy's party afterwards." I ask seamlessly. Even I believe what I'm saying.

"What, as in like a date?" She asks with a touch of suspicion in her voice

"Well, yeah" I reply, giving her a saucy wink on the side.

"Um yeah, that sounds good Ryan. Pick me up around 7 ?" She's asks.

"Of course ! See you then gurl !" I touch her nose and strut off after my sister.