After: Chapter 1- A Not-So Success

NOTE: These are now the events after the 'A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More "Touch Me"' music video. If you haven't seen the music video, you will need to watch it before continuing to read.

 The blaring sound of police sirens filled Pete’s ears even before he could open his eyes.

Pete’s entire body ached even when he wasn’t moving, as if he had been slammed by a large hammer all over and he felt the moist feeling of blood and sweat covering him. He was tired, like the darkness was trying to take back over and cause him to fall back unconscious, but he knew he couldn’t let it and used all his inner strength to keep himself awake. Pete’s head was throbbing with pain. What the fuck just happened? When he tried to think, his mind just came up blank.

The noise echoed all around him, sending his ears ringing- the sound was unbearable and he lifted his arms up to cover his ears with his hands, however, he froze in shock when he felt a nipping at both his wrists as he tried to pull them away from each other. He tried multiple times, using all his strength, but there was clearly something holding his wrists together.

This is not good…..

And that’s when Pete decided to open his eyes- and wished he hadn’t.

Both of his wrists were bound together in strong metal cuffs, with no way of getting them free on his own. He lifted his head up to get a look at his surroundings when the tip of his head came into contact with a metal surface above him and two doors at either side of him with windows and seats in front of him two figures sat there, one of them turning a steering wheel. As Pete looked outside the window, streets and houses were moving past him in a blur, except he was the one moving instead.

He was in a car. Bound. With no way of escape.   

No, no, no, no…Pete’s mind began to race with panic as he thrashed around in his seat, trying to break free, but the restraints around him were too strong even for a vampire and nothing he tried worked. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Pete cursed out loud.  His breathing became heavy as the throbbing in his head began to settle and more and more memories of recent events came back: fighting off the attacking vampires, jumping to attack William- but there was nothing there. There couldn’t have been, could there? But by the time he had jumped on William, he remembered his fist colliding with the metal of the car rather than flesh and bone right before being grabbed by a number of hands and pulled to the ground unwillingly, fingers attempting to cling onto the car but failing as he was hit multiple times before finally blacking out.  

William’s still alive…he knew it was the truth; he knew he hadn’t killed him. They had all tried so hard but it hadn’t been enough. They had been winning until William had managed to escape- Pete hadn’t managed to kill him for a second time. And now, he was caught.

They’d lost.

For fuck sake! I almost had the bastard! Pete growled. His head turned to look out the window; it was chaos outside, with many vampires dead as well as humans who had got caught up in the fight, with dozens of police cars all around, sirens blaring as the police attempted to keep things under control. Pete’s eyes scanned the scene in front of him- there was no sign of William anywhere but a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach made him know that he wasn’t dead, that he was still out there somewhere. However, William wasn’t the only people Pete was looking for.