Bonus Chapter- Patrick's Awakening

NOTE: I decided to write a bonus chapter for you guys for three reasons: 1) hopefully you might want one 2) it felt too sad to end the story so I wanted to continue it in some way 3) bordem. So I wrote a little bonus chapter about Patrick waking up as a vampire as you don't actually see it happening in the main story. Hope you enjoy it :)

The first thing that Patrick noticed once his mind came back to consciousness was the aching and the tight muscles in his neck.

Patrick's eyes started to flutter open instantly, but he didn't have the strength to form words on his lips, as much as he wanted to. He felt like he had just woken up from a deep sleep, but even then, Patrick could sense that there was something off about it all. What happened? Even though he wanted answers, his mind refused to give them to him, no matter how deeply he searched his brain or how desperately he wanted answers. The last thing that his mind would tell him, the last thing he could remember, was Andy, Joe and Pete leaving the warehouse (to do what, he was unable to recall) and someone else was with him- Thomas- and he was helping him....
That can't be all I remember, Patrick thought, this doesn't make any sense.

No matter how much Patrick tried desperately to remember what had happened, the memories wouldn't come. Filled with annoyance, he clenched both his hands together into tight fists and the muscles in his arm tensed up, trying to control the feelings of anger- and froze; he clenched his fists together to be sure- everything felt normal, but it shouldn't have. But my arm was broken...

Not knowing what had happened, or being unable to make sense of what he could remember, caused Patrick to be overcome with panic that continued to magnify. A few moments later, Patrick's eyes had stopped fluttering and were now wide open, his vision clear as he realised he was lying on his back on a hard surface staring up at the warehouse ceiling- he would recognise it anywhere with it's high structure and beams of wood holding it upright and supporting it. However, it didn't provide any answers of what he had just woken up from and why nothing made sense, except for proving where he was.

Wanting answers, Patrick began to sit up, groaning as he did so, but it wasn't long until his groans were cut off by a burning sensation in his throat, as if his throat was on fire. As he continued to sit up, Patrick swallowed, but it did no good.

And then a shocked voice cut through the air.

"Oh my God! Patrick!"

Patrick's head spun around to face the source of the voice and he caught sight of Joe and Andy across the room from him, Andy was sat upon a table while Joe was sat on a wooden chair next to him. Part of the hysteria that Patrick was feeling turned into relief as he saw them both, but it didn't last for long; as Patrick watched their faces intently, he noticed their face expressions were a mix of horror and sadness, that both their faces were red and tear streaked with their eyes wide. What made things worse for Patrick was that Joe and Andy were both looking directly at him, and it was if their expressions were directly aimed towards him.