Before: Chapter 5- Working Progress

Kyle put his hands out against the wall to stop himself from falling over as he stumbled back into the manor, his blonde hair now stained with blood. It was almost sunrise and his leg still ached where that bastard vampire hunter had kicked him and distracted him from collecting Pete for his master. He snarled at the memory, he wanted to rip the hunters’ throat out with his bare teeth and let his sweet blood run down into his own, but he had to flee to avoid being an undead corpse like most of his friends had. They almost had him! They almost had Pete until that stupid hunter came along and fucked everything up! Master William won’t be happy….

At that moment, he could hear his master’s voice coming from the other room and he froze. He was too scared to face him, to tell him to his face that he had failed and that nearly the entire group had been killed. He knew his master would be very angry. Very angry indeed….

Kyle dragged his injured leg along as he made his way to the other room, his master’s study, to deliver the bad news and receive punishment when he stopped just inches from the doorway- he could not just hear his master’s voice, but another, unfamiliar voice too. He paused to listen and even though he could not tell what the second voice was saying, he could hear William’s voice clear enough:

“……my lieutenants to fetch him. He should be here soon enough.” Said William.

The other voice spoke but Kyle still couldn’t make out what was being said. It sounded harsh though.

William spoke again. “Wouldn’t it be so bad if they did kill him? It is  not like we desperately need Peter after all. If the hunters-“

Williams’s voice was cut off as the other voice spoke angrily. It can’t be one of us, thought Kyle. None of us would dare interrupt our master….

He heard William speak again. “Of course. Do not be worried. We will have Peter soon enough. I have a plan.” The end part sounded sly.

Kyle moved slowly always from the door and swiftly left the room. Who was the other voice? Why does Master William want that one stupid vampire so badly? He didn’t worry about it however; if master William said he had a plan, it meant something big was going to happen….

*****

After the incident of the broken sink, Andy and Joe had begun to clean up the mess Pete had made, not taking their eyes off Pete the whole time. He could only imagine what they were thinking: he’s a killer, he should die, he’s not even human. Not being able to take any more, Pete had left the bathroom and shut himself in one of the bedrooms; Patrick had tried to get him to come out despite Pete’s protests and all his efforts were failing.  He must have been in the room for a couple of hours as even though the windows in the room were covered, Pete could still tell that the sun had come and gone and it was now coming close to sunset.

Pete had spent most of the day trying to get to sleep in an attempt that sleep would allow him to once again forget everything that is going on to him, but sleep hadn’t come no matter how tired he was and yet, the nightmares did and they kept on replaying in his mind like a film except it was trying to torture him: being bitten, waking up in the coffin, the feeling of suffocation, attacking and killing the other vampires, the feeling when he couldn’t see his own reflection in the mirror….and the feeling of bloodlust that was slowly building up inside his throat from not feeding all day, and the only thing around to feed off was Patrick, Joe and Andy….

Pete clenched his fists tightly against the side of his head as he looked around the room for distraction; like most of the warehouse, it had little furniture except for the basics: a large bed which he was currently sat on, a small wardrobe, a little table next to the bed where a dull lamp rested, and another small bathroom that connected to the rest of the room.