~Chapter Eleven~ Plan In Action

~Chapter Eleven~ ~Plan In Action~

The next day Blackpaw got up at dawn. He woke up Goldpaw immediately. "Goldpaw! Wake up!" He yowled in her ear. Goldpaw got up, half asleep. "What?" She asked. "We're going to take Nightclan today" Blackpaw replied, smiling. "I still don't understand how we are going to manage to take over an entire clan" Goldpaw exclaimed. "I told you how already" Blackpaw mewed. Goldpaw rolled her eyes.

When they reached the border they hid in bushes, not wanting to be seen by the dawn patrol. "Jaggedfur, look!" Blackpaw and Goldpaw heard a familiar voice. Thornpaw came running towards the two, he didn't see them though. Thornpaw sniffed the air once again.

There was movement in the bushes next to the ones they were hiding in. Thornpaw dropped into a hunter's crouch. A squirrel stepped out of the bush. Thornpaw pounced on it. He almost missed. Almost. He dug his claws into its neck and it died. He picked it up in his mouth and dropped it in front of Jaggedfur.

Thornpaw smiled up at his mentor. "Nice catch" Jaggerfur praised. Foxcloud padded up behind the two. Lets get moving. We're patrolling, not hunting" Foxcloud meowed. Thornpaw glared at Foxcloud. Thornpaw wasn't hungry so he buried the squirrel in Earth so he could grab it later.

As soon as Foxcloud, Jaggedfur, and Thornpaw had gone Blackpaw and Goldpaw emerged from the bushes. "I'm surprised they didn't smell us" Goldpaw mewed. Blackpaw nodded. When they were close to the camp they hid in more bushes.

"So how are we gonna do this?" Goldpaw asked. "Alright so, we'll sneak in and attack" Blackpaw replied. Goldpaw looked disappointed with his strategy. "That's the plan?" Goldpaw meowed. Blackpaw nodded. "How about, you engulf the camp with fire so no one can escape, I'll fly in from above, make sure no one dies, and attack them. When they give up and allow us to rule them you can make the flames stop" Goldpaw offered. "That's actually a good idea" Blackpaw praised. Goldpaw smiled at him.

Except I don't know how to control this stuff... Blackpaw thought. Blackpaw closed his eyes. He concentrated only on surrounding the camp in flames. Surrounding the camp in flames was his only thought. Engulf camp... Engulf camp... Engulf the camp...

Suddenly the camp went up in flames. Squeals of horror were heard from inside the camp. "Now go" Blackpaw yowled over the flames.

Goldpaw flew high in the sky. She stared at the burning camp for a few heartbeats. Tears trickled down her face as she flew inside the camp. "What are you doing here?" Thrushheart hissed. Goldpaw looked around the camp. All the cats were panicking, except Sunkit was sleeping soundly in the nursery.

"I'm here to make a deal" Goldpaw yowled over all the cat's screams and the crackling sound of fire. "And what deal could you possibly make to us?" Thrushheart spat. "I can make the flames stop. But if I do I demand your loyalty to Blackpaw and I as the two of us will become deputy and leader. If you refuse then we shall allow you all to burn to death" Goldpaw yowled. While Goldpaw was saying all this she was hoping they would accept. She didn't want to be responsible for many deaths.

Owltail stepped forward and dipped his head to Goldpaw. "We accept" He mewed. "Are you crazy!" Thrushheart yowled. Owltail glared at him and he shut up. Goldpaw nodded and flew away. "Blackpaw! Stop the flames!" Goldpaw yowled. "I don't know how!" Blackpaw panicked. Goldpaw lookd around. "We can't let them burn!" Goldpaw yelled. "I know!" Blackpaw yelled back. Goldpaw could see the fear in his eyes.

"Ok um... just concentrate and don't panic" Goldpaw mewed. Blackpaw nodded. He closed his eyes and thought, Stop the flames... stop them... stop them. The flames died down. The two mates walked inside the camp. "I am your new leader!-" Blackpaw yowled. "-And Goldpaw is my deputy" Blackpaw looked at Goldpaw. Blackpaw wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing, but he knew he needed revenge. Not only will Sunclan pay, but so will Waterclan and Forestclan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~A/N~

Kinda short. I know. At least I updated though... I'm so sorry I'm taking forever to update, but school is just, UGGGGH. My midterms are Monday and Tuesday and then i have a home and careers final D: I have to study, but tonight I'm gonna try to write as much as possible. :)