~Chapter Seven~ Secrets

~Chapter Seven~ ~Secrets~

 Blackpaw and Nighstar were at the training hollow practicing their battle moves when Blackpaw asked Nightstar something. "Hey, Nightstar"

"Yes Blackpaw?" Nightstar responded. Blackpaw looked down at his paws.

"Did you ever get into troule when you were an apprentice?"

Nightstar chuckled. "I got into loads of trouble as an apprentice" Blackpaw looked as if that wasn't the topic he wanted to discuss. "Is something troubling you?"

"Well-'' Blackpaw started blushing. "-Have you ever liked someone..." Nightstar seemed confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Like...Like liked someone"

"You mean loved someone?"

"Y-yea" Blackpaw was still staring at his paws.

"Well..." Nightstar was now staring at the starry night sky. Her fur blended in with the night so well. It was almost impossible see her. "I did have a mate before I became deputy. But he died in battle. He was a brave warrior" Blackpaw could see the sadness in Nightstar's eyes as she talked about her old mate. "He died saving my life..."

"How'd he save your life?" Blackpaw was curious.

"When i was a warrior, I had dreams about Starclan. One day Starclan told me a prophecy-" Blackpaw could see a fire burning in Nightstar's eyes as she relived the adventure she was on when her mate died. "-Adventure awaits at this dangerous place. Where the Night saves all from the new danger accompanied by a fox. Except one of them does not return. Was the prophecy Starclan told me. After the prophecy they said, To the Jungle you must travel. And face the Bear that threatens the forest. North the Jungle is. The following day I snuck out of camp that night. Except my mate, Foxtail caught me sneaking out. He asked me what was wrong. I told him about the prophecy and he suggested he came with me. I refused because Starclan said only one would survive. But he tagged along anyway. The bear that threated the forest turned out to be Bearclan. Foxtail and I battled the Clan with help from some loners and kittypets that helped us on our journey. But when Bearclan's leader, Bearstar, was about to kill me, Foxtail ran to my rescue and he died instead. Then we defeated Bearclan and I journeyed home...alone"

"Oh" Blackpaw wasnt sure he should ask for Nightstar's advice at the moment. She seamed upset thinking about Foxtail.

"So what was it you were wondering?"

"Oh yea..." Blackpaw began to blush again. "Well...I kinda like someone and I wanted to know how to tell them"

"Well most toms just wait for the she-cat to tell them and so do most she-cats. So if she likes you back then one of you is bound to notice the other one likes them back so one of you has to tell each other. Just ask her to talkand tell her" Nightstar's advice didn't really help Blackpaw that much. He still didn't know if he should tell her or not or how to tell if she liked him back.

"But how do I know she likes me back" Blackpaw looked up at Nightstar. Seeking his leader's wisdom about love. ((Lol most female clan leader's don't really give much wisdom about love XD))

"Trust me, she likes you" Nightstar winked at Blackpaw. Does Nightstar know who I'm talking about? Does she know i love Goldpaw? Blackpaw thought to himself. "Let's head back to camp. It's getting pretty dark" Nightstar and Blackpaw walked back to camp. Blackpaw was deep in thought the whole walk back. He wasn't even aware he had walked right past a mouse. When they got back to camp he went strait to the apprentices den. "Where's Goldpaw?" He asked Frozenpaw without thinking. "She's asleep" Frozenpaw replied sounding tired. "Mousebrain! I should've known she'll be asleep by now" Blackpaw mumbled half to himself. "Oh well. I'll tell her in the morning" Blackpaw layed down in the nest next to Goldpaw's and fell asleep, unaware of the danger his clan leader was going to be in when he woke up the next morning.