~Chapter Six~ The Missing Kits

~Chapter Six~ ~The Missing Kits~

Snowpaw woke up to the familiar call. "May all cats old enough to catch their own pray gather beneath the high stump" Everyone had been asleep so they were all tiredly walking to the stump. Greenfeather took her place below the stump and Moonglade took her place next to it. Yellowfur and Pinkheart were standing next to Greenfeather at the stump. Yellowfur and and Pinkheart were crying.

Snowpaw was looking curiously at Yellowfur and Pinkheart and then up at Leafstar. Leafstar usually didn't call clan meetings at sunrise. "Littlekit and Onekit are missing!" Leafstar cried. Everyone stared in shock at these five words. "I will lead a search party with Shadowclaw, Snowpaw, Rainstorm, and Sandfeather. Greenfeather I want you to stay here and take care of things" Leafstar yowled.

She jumped off the stump. Snowpaw walked over to Yellowfur and Pinkheart. "Don't worry we'll find your kits" Snowpaw mewed. She licked each queen's ear and ran off. Leafstar and her search party ran out of the camp. Leafstar opened her mouth to taste the air. There was no sign the kit's scents.

"This morning's rain must've washed away their scent" Leafstar said. "Looks like we'll have to do this the old fashioned way" Shadowclaw yowled. Leafstar nodded in agreement. "We'll check twoleg place first. Then moss rocks" Leafstar announced.

The five cats got to work. They ran to twoleg place and checked every single nest. Then they ran to moss rocks an checked every single rock. They checked underwater and every hiding spot. They checked here and there but there was no sign of the kits.

They were out searching till dawn when they admitted that they couldn't find the two kits. "It seems there's no sign of the two missing kits" Leafstar announced sadly. The other four cats sighed.

"I guess we'll have to go back to camp and tell everyone the sad news" Sandfeather mewed. The cats nodded in agreement and headed back to camp, when Snowpaw heard something. Snowpaw opened her mouth to taste the air. She could smell something coming from the lake.

Snowpaw snuck out of the patrol. She stood there for a few heartbeats. When the patrol was out of site she headed towards the lake.

Snowpaw froze at what she saw. A badger, sleeping in a den made of rocks. Snowpaw started backing away slowly so she wouldn't wake the badger, but it was too late. The badger awoke. The badger ran at Snowpaw, angry that Snowpaw had awoken her sleep. Snowpaw screamed. What do I do? She asked herself. Snowpaw looked around. Tree. She thought.

Snowpaw climbed up the tree like there was no tomorrow. The badger stood at the bottom of the tree. The badger circle the tree. I think I'm gonna be stuck here for a while... Snowpaw thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OMG I am so sorry that I haven't updated this in forever DX I was too busy updating my Fairy Tail fan fiction DX Sorry. Actually no one really reads this anyway so I don't think it's that much of a big deal. Well, I hope you liked this chapter! :3 Just um...maybe vote for it and possibly leave a comment on my book please?