~Chapter Two~ Apprentices

~Chapter Two~ ~Apprentices~

"Snowkit wake up!" Birckkit squealed. "Were becoming apprentices today!" Snowkit got up. "Wha?" she asked. "You overslept! Come on the ceremonies soon! Mom wants to groom your fur" Birchkit mewed. "Stop making such a big deal Birchkit. We're just getting older" Oakkit meowed. "Don't be such a party pooper Oakkit. Once we're apprentices we can go on patrols, train, and hunt!" Birchkit yowled. Yellowfur walked over to the three and started grooming Snowkit's fur. "And once your apprentices you can sleep in their den without me" Yellowfur said, smiling. Suddenly the four cats heard a familiar call.

"May all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather underneath the high stump" Leafstar yowled. Everyone gather in the clearing. The deputy, Greenfeather took her place under the stump while Moonglade stood next to it. Leafstar was on top of the stump and everyone else was standing under it. "Birchkit come foreward" Leafstar mewed. "Moonglade wishes for you to be her apprentice do you accept?" Birchkit took a minute to think.

"I do" She meowed.

Leafstar nodded. "Do you wish to train in the ways of the medicine cat?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to listen to your mentor and do whatever she tell you?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to try to heal every wound of the clan and heal the bigger ones then the smaller ones?"

"I do"

"Then as of this day your apprentice name will be... BIRCHPAW!!!! Your mentor shall be... MOONGLADE!!! Moonglade you are talented Medicine Cat. I hope you pass all your knowledge and wisdom to Birchpaw" Moonglade nodded and Leafstar turned to Birchpaw. "Birchpaw you will make the journey to the sunstone to become accepted by starclan as medicine cat apprentice on the next new moon" Leafstar meowed. Birchpaw nodded then hopped off the stump and went to go touch noses with her new mentor while everyone started chanting her new name, "BIRCHPAW! BIRCHPAW!" Leafstar called up the next kit. "Oakkit please come forward. Oakkit walked up and took Birchpaw's place next to Leafstar.

"Oakkit. Do you promise to train in the ways of an apprentice and learn the ways of a warrior?"

"I do" He replied.

"Do you promise to put the clan's needs before yours and do what your mentor tells you?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to protect your clan at

all costs even if it costs your life?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to live by the warrior code and attend to your apprentice duties until your a warrior?"

"The as of this day your apprentice name will be... OAKPAW!!!! Your mentor shall be... ROSEHEART!!! Roseheart your a skillfull and talented warrior. This will be your first apprentice and I hope you pass all your knowledge and wisdom down to Oakpaw. Roseheart nodded and Oakpaw went to touch noses with Roseheart and join Birchpaw at the bottom of the stump. "Snowkit please come forward" Snowkit hear Leafstar mew. It was her turn now.

"Snowkit, Do you promise to train in the ways of an apprentice and learn the ways of a warrior?"

"I do" Snowkit replied.

"Do you promise to put the clan's needs before yours and do what your mentor tells you?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to protect your clan at

all costs even if it costs your life?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to live by the warrior code and attend to your apprentice duties until your a warrior?"

"I do"

"Then as of this day your apprentice name shall be... SNOWPAW!!!! Your mentor shall be..." Leafstar glanced around the clearing. She looked at Shadowclaw then at Yellowfur. Yellowfur nodded. Leafstar started to continue. "SHADOWCLAW!!! Shadowclaw your a brave and intelligent warrior. I hope you pass down everything you know to Snowpaw" Shadowclaw stared at Leafstar. He nodded.

Snowpaw jumped off the stump and walked over to Shadowclaw to touch noses with him but Shadowclaw wasn't there. Snowpaw saw Shadowclaw leaving the camp so she just walked over to Oakpaw and Birchpaw. "Clan is dismissed" Leafstar mewed. Everyone padded out of the clearing. Snowpaw, Birchpaw, and Oakpaw walked over to the apprentices den.

"Hi! Congrats on becoming apprentices!" Windpaw mewed. "Congrats" Stormpaw meowed. "Thanks! Now we can sleep in the same den and do apprentice stuff together!" Birchpaw squealed. "Snowpaw, Sorry about your new mentor. He kinda hates kittypets and rouges so..." Windpaw said. Snowpaw sighed. "I hate it when people judge me like that" Birchpaw and Windpaw licked Snowpaw to cheer her up. Oakpaw and Stormpaw had walked to the freshkill pile.

Moonglade walked over to the three apprentices. "Birchpaw, Can you come to my den? I want to start teaching you about herbs" She mewed. Birchpaw nodded and walked over to the Medicine Cat den with Moonglade. "bye!" Snowpaw called after her. "So now what?" Snowpaw asked.

"I dunno. Wanna hunt?" Windpaw replied.

"YES! But I dunno how" Snowpaw sighed.

"I'll teach you"

"YOU WILL?!?!?!?" Snowpaw sounded suprised.

"Sure. Lets go"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello peeps. Like my chapter? So Snowpaw, Oakpaw, and Birchpaw are now apps and can do app stuff. Snowpaw's mentor, Shadowclaw hates rouges, loners, and kittypets though. ((He has a complicated past)) Ok now back to writing the next chapter. I hope you like :3