Klaus Mikaelson (6)

Klaus had made a terrible mistake

Klaus had made a terrible mistake. He had ruined his life by letting you go. He hadn't seen you since he had broken up with you which was; 3 weeks,4 hours and 24 minutes ago - not that he was keeping track of the time. Elijah had convinced him to finally leave the house and get some fresh air in his lungs,it wasn't like Klaus to mope about over a girl but you weren't just any girl.

As Klaus walked through the city,he heard the sound he never thought he'd hear again. Your laugh. He glanced around quickly and saw you stood with your bestfriend and a few other friends. He could tell by the sound that it was your fake laugh. You were still upset and even though your face showed happiness,your eyes told a different story.

Klaus stood watching you for a while before his eyes locked with your bestfriend's. She snuck away from you and your friends and walked over to Klaus,her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.

"What do you want,Mikaelson?" Klaus never took his eyes off you and smiled sadly.

"Look at her" he whispered "she was so happy and I destroyed her" he gazed at you sadly and felt a pain in his chest.

"Tell her I'm sorry,okay? I'm sorry for hurting her" he glanced at your bestfriend and saw the look of pity she had on her face.

"I'll tell her" she nodded "but for the record,you didn't destroy her. Y/N is a lot stronger than you think"

Klaus smiled and nodded in agreement "I know,that is one of the reasons that I loved her so much"

Klaus could see the confusion in your friends face,he had never said those words to anyone,not to you or anyone he was talking to about you so this was something new.

"You loved her? Why did you leave her then" she questioned him.

"Because" he paused for a moment and fiddled with his hands "I don't know. I wasn't good for her. I hurt her,you know? I hurt her all the time and sometimes....sometimes I meant too. I meant too and I hated myself for it but I couldn't stop myself. I loved it when she looked at me with those big Y/EC eyes that were glistening with tears. She was so in love with me and I took advantage of that. I took advantage of her. I was toxic for her but I loved how she stayed despite everything that I did. But I loved her,I still do and I always will but she deserves so much better that me. And when I left her,the cracks in her heart were visible in her eyes,you could see her pain just by looking at her face" klaus paused as he choked back his tears,he had only just realised how much he had messed up. "But I suppose,sometimes to help someone,you have to hurt them"

Klaus felt a hand on his shoulder,he turned to face your friend who also had a tear rolling down her face. She didn't condone anything that he had done to you but she could see the guilt and regret in his eyes as he stared at your shivering form.

"I'll tell her but I think you're the only one you've destroyed" Klaus have a quick nod and a small smile before walking in the opposite direction,not noticing the longing look you were giving him as he walked away.