Part 16

Martinus Pov

I follow her outside and she closes the door. I am really curious what she wants to tell me

-Well...we were in a rush for Alina so we couldn't get to know. I am Alina's doctor for eight years. It's like she is a member of my family and I really love her. It's the first time I see you here..so I guess you are the reason that the week before the surgery she was happy and she was always smiling.

-Oh...I..I..dont know..

-But I can understand it...You are more than friends..right?

-Yeah

I say and I smile a bit cause it's so amazing that I can answer positive to this question.

-I am so happy for this cause she deserves it. So I guess you pass a lot of time together..right?

-Yeah yeah

-good..so you have to know..Her situation is not exactly how I said her...it became worse..but I can't tell it to her cause psychology is a big part of her therapy and she has to be calm and happy

-wh-what do you mean?

-some days ago she did a surgery...nobody was sure that it would go well. At first it was quite good..but these days her organisation is starting to respond. That means that her immune system is in a state of defense and is trying to reject the graft that we put on her. Every day it will be worst...at least that's what we are waiting for....we dont know for sure

-But she was fine yesterday night

-No..not exactly.

-So...what will you do next?

-we need to find a way to stop the action of her immune system...and this will be probably with chemotherapies..the problem is that she has been through chemotherapies again in the past...and I know that she won't like it...I mean noone likes chemotherapies..but Alina is a person who loves life, sports. She can't do all these...

-Oh god..What am I supposed to tell her? How am I gonna see her now that I will go back again? She will ask me..

I say and I feel a pressure on my head. I try to ignore it. I am here for Alina.

-I know...BUT you must not say her the truth. I already explained you why. I just need your help

-Yeah...Everything for Alina

-In one week we will let her go back to her home. I will inform her parents about her situation...She will be very weak because of the chemotherapies and all these. But I know Alina... she will want to go to school, go for walks..anything. You have to keep her at home or do something that will be very calm. She must be always relaxed. Not anxiety, not tireness, not sadness.

-Yeah I understand. I can visit her here anytime..right?

-Yeah..but most of the time she will be sleeping...

-ohh

-Emm...Remind me your name

-Martinus

-yeah...So Martinus I have to go...I think I leave Alina in good hands

she says and she walks away.

I sit in a small chair outside the room for some more minutes. Alina can't see me like this. I have to calm down myself...She will understand me. 

I hate lying to her..First the thing about the school...Now for her health.

She is the best person I know and she has to get through all of this. I take some deep breaths and I go inside the room again.