17. Journalist

Calum had told Michael everything from the beginning to the end. Everything that had happened including him liking Ashton and him breaking his heart. Michael listened to every story and every detail. Tears had fallen and hugs were given.

A very big weight was being lifted from his shoulders.

Because Michael was being such a good friend, Calum had set up Michael to meet Luke and talk it out. Indeed that conversation was brought to the table. The two were dating, not officially together, but dating and Calum was very excited for the both of them.

In the mean while Calum was getting ready for his first date with Jesse. He decided to give it a go. Since Ashton didn't want him in any way possible. It still hurted like hell, but there wasn't anything he could possibly do about it.

"Do I look okay?" Calum asked while walking into Luke's room.

"Yes, you look stunning!" Luke said and smiled from behind his phone.

"Thanks, Luke" Calum said and smiled back at him and adjusted his blouse.

Calum and Luke decided to hang out today before Calum went on that date. In fact the didn't hang out for a long time.

"Hey Lu, where is the-"

Calum heard a fammiliar voice and something that had dropped to the floor. In the door way stood the one and only Ashton Irwin.

Ashton looked Calum up and down. He was neatly dressed but with a casual flow to it.

Calum did the same to Ashton, he hadn't seen him in so long. He had an intimidating look on his face. Not the happy expression he used to have.

He was wearing denim skinny jeans with a plain white tee. His hair was cut short, if Calum was honest he still liked his longer hair better. Tho Calum still thought he was the most attractive thing on this earth.

It was bad for him to think that when he was about to go on a date with someone. It almost felt like he was cheating or something. No! He wasn't, Ashton broke his heart! He is allowed to do and think whatever he wants.

"Why are you all dressed up like that?" Ashton asked sternly and picked up his bag who he previously had dropped.

"I'm going on a date" Calum said almost whispering.

Ashton came a little closer towards Calum and Luke could feel the tension between them.

"With who?" Ashton asked towering over Calum's small figure.

Calum sighed "His name is Je-..wait why does that matter to you?"

"Because I-.."

Ashton stopped.

Calum looked him deeply in the eye and frowned. He wanted to say something, but he just couldn't. Without another word or look given, Ashton started walking away.

He dissapeared somewhere in Luke's house, like he dissapeared in Calum's heart. The person he loved the most was driffting away from him and there wasn't anything he could do about it. That really sucked..

Calum didn't cry, he hated that he was so weak. Instead he soaked up his tears and grabbed his stuff before walking out Luke's room too, he could hear Luke calling after him as he dissapeared in the other direction.

"So Calum, what do you do for a living" Jesse said as he took a sip of his wine.

"Uhh..music, i make music with my other three best friends" Calum said feeling slightly uncomfortable as he saw Jesse rool his eyes. He either was hallucinating or he was really annoying Jesse.

"That's very nice, what kind of music do you guys make?" Jesse asked. He could hear the fakeness in his voice

"Pop/punk rock" Calum said and then laughing in himself while thinking of the people that called their band a boy band.

"Let me guess, you're the guitarist!?" Jesse said and smiled.

"Unfortuanetly I am not, I'm actually the bassist" Calum said and shifted uncomfortable in his seat. He was feeling so distracted and not in the right place tonight. He didn't know what was wrong with him.

"Well the bass is a very cool instrument too" Jesse said and nodded his head.

"I uhh..I also sing a little bit" Calum said tugging at his sleeves as he looked down at them.

"Really, well let me hear it!" Jesse said excitedly.

Calum chuckled nervously "Yeah..uhm, I'd rather not right now" he said. Could he make it even more uncomfortable!

"That's okay" Jesse then said sternly. Did I say something wrong, was all that was going trough Calum's head.

"S-so tell me about you" Calum said and grabbed his glass with a shaky hand.

"Okay" Jesse responded and smiled "Wellll, I'm a journalist and i write a lot of articles!"

Calum nodded and took a sip of his water. "What do you write about?"

"I mostly write about celebrities and problems in specific locations" Jesse explained and looked at Calum who had a small smile on his face.

Not again, not again, not again. Does he know who I am?!

Calum didn't want this to be another fan or manipulation in his life. He just wanted to be happy and have a healthy relationship.

Calum got up quickly, but clumsy. "D-do m-mind giving me a s-sec" Calum stuttered and felt his cheeks flush.

Before Jesse could even answer, Calum walked towards the bathroom in a quick motion.

Calum: can you please pick me up..

Meekl: why? Is he burping during the meals?

Calum: I just don't feel comfortable, and all he talks about is himself.

Meekl: I'm so sorry to hear that, but I don't have my car right now Cal, besides I'm at Luke's house :(

Calum: It's okay, don't worry
Calum: I'll find a way

Meekl: R u sure?

Calum: yes, say hi to Lu from me :)

Calum sighed and slammed his fist against the window wall. He was sitting down on the toilet of the fancy restaurant.

He was panicking again. His heart started to rate and his palms started to sweat.

He started feeling a little dizzy so he leaned against the bathroom wall.

He was losing oxygen, but he used so much energy since he was panicking. He couldn't breathe properly.

He opened the toilet door and walked towards the restaurant. He went straight for the exit, but stumbeled a few times. His sight was getting more and more blurry by the second.

He got outside and walked, actually fell and rolled his way down a street before getting up and using all his energy.

He wanted to breathe! It felt like someone was grabbing his throat and squeezed it untill he was gonna faint. That's exactly what happened.

A single breathe left his mouth as he fell back and stumbeled against a wall.

His knees then went weak leaving Calum to drop to the floor livelessly.

All Calum could hear were heavy footsteps and a chuckle before completely driffting away.