25. Valentine ♥

14th of Febuary 2017

It was Valentine's day today. Calum hated Valentine, It was his most hated day.

Why?

Because you have to be kind and loving towards your significant other and suprise them with presents and a card. Why can't you do that on a normal day? Being kind and loving towards each other on a regular day basis is better than on one specifically. Calum liked to keep it simple.

That's exactly why he was cuddled up with Ashton against the grass hill in their backyard, watching as the sun went down slowly.

He had on one of Ashton's many oversized striped shirt's on which gave him sweater paws. Ashton didn't even look at the sun set anymore, but at Calum.

He smiled in adoration as he held his fingers trough Calum's dark curls.

"You're so cute" Ashton said softly.

Calum then looked up at Ashton and smiled. This time his smile was a hundred procent real.

"I could say the same about you..Irwin" Calum said and giggeled.

Ashton bit his lip to contain his smile. He didn't get why he'd ever let Calum slip away, but he knew that it would never happen again.

He'll be by his side trough the darkest days of Calum's life. He'll show him he isn't facing his demons alone anymore.

He'll make him happy and kiss him till he can't speak and Calum hides his face in Ashton's chest.

"Calum.." Ashton said and caught Calum's attention. The small boy looked up with a soft smile on his face. He hummed in response so Ashton could continue with his words.

"I love you"

Calum's breathing hitched. The hadn't said those words yet when they started dating.

Why wasn't Calum saying anything back? Was he too quickly? Did he screw up? Wasn't he actually satisfied with him. Ashton's heart stopped.

Calum grabbed Ashton's hand and smiled sweetly before saying:

"I love you too"

Ashton breathed out in relief and smiled. "Thank god, I thought I said that too quickly" Ashton said. Calum shook his head as a small blush crept up on his face.

Calum now looked at Ashton in adoration.

"What is a best friend?"

His dimples were showing as he smiled and the light in his eyes made him extra beautiful.

"A best friend is someone like Ashton..those who can make you laugh even on your bad days. A best friend who makes all the problems in life seem easy to overcome

He had never imagined being in his arms on Valentine's day and feeling so extremely lucky.

"They're there for you"

Calum felt Ashton's hands move from his back towards his waist in a secure manner.

"They care about you..and your well being"

A flash of the wind made Ashton's hair go wild and Ashton giggeled as he tried to fix it with his free hand.

"Isn't that more like a soulmate?" The interviewer asked.

Calum shook his head in delight and grabbed one of Ashton's curls and put it behind his ear.

"i guess so.."

Calum was exactly where he was supposed to be all along, in Ashton's arms.

Calum was finnaly happy

Not every story has a happy ending...

But this one does :)

The End.