24. Goodbye

2nd of Febuary 2017

Calum folded the last sweater and putted it in his suitcase.

He sighed as he looked around his now empty room. All his posters were gone, his bass was packed up...

He zipped up his suitcase before rolling it towards the door. He took one last glance before grabbing his suitcase and walking out his room. The last and final room. Everything was silent and clear.

No form of life filled his appartment anymore. The black painted walls didn't have any decirations anymore.

He opened his front door and stepped out. He decided to quickly close the door and lock it before he'd change his mind and return.

"Are you ready?"

Calum nodded as he turned around and grabbed Michael's hand. He held onto his suitcase with his other.

The two stepped into the elevator and went down to the rest.

Luke and Ashton himself were standing next to Ashton's car.

"Ready bud?" Ashton said and putted his hand on Calum's shoulder. Calum nodded slowly not saying anything and Luke opened the trunk.

Calum lifted his suitcase and placed it in the trunk next to his other boxes.

Calum sighed and closed the trunk. "Calum you piece of shit.." He whispered in himself as he stepped into the front seat next to Ashton.

"Goodluck I hope you like your new home" Luke said looking down at Calum. Luke was leaning over the edge of the car window.

"Thanks Luke, you two have a goodnight" Calum said as he softly smiled.

"Or should you say, Hoodnight" Michael said as he smirked and winked.

Calum placed a smile on his face "You idiot" Luke said smiling at his boyfriend and shook his head.

"Anyways..goodbye" Luke said as he waved. Ashton waved back "bye guys" he responded.

He turned up the window and started the engine. "Now we can listen to our music Cal!" Ashton said excitedly as he turned up the radio.

"..yeah" Calum said softly.

"What would you like to hear?" Ashton said as he drove away from Luke and Michael.

"Uhmm..I-I don't know, whatever you like" Calum said as he looked out the window. It was a dark day, it had just turned night time and it started raining and storming,

Ashton furrowed his eyes brows and gave Calum a confused look. Calum didn't dare to look Ashton in the eye.

"Hmm, okay then" Ashton said as he turned on Calum's favourite band. Green day

Ashton smirked and looked at Cal's reaction, but he didn't even glanced.

Calum was acting strange and Ashton wanted to find out why.

He'd usually sing along and go crazy with Ashton while Green day was playing.

"You excited to be moving in with me?" Ashton asked as he turned a street.

"Very much so.." Calum said as he blankly stared out the window.

"Really?" Ashton asked. Calum hummed in response as he sunk into his seat more and leaned against the car door.

"I gave you the biggest room y'know.." Ashton said and smiled wanting Calum to have a proper conversation.

"You shouldn't have Ash" Calum said softly.

"Of course I have to, your my best frie-"

Ashton stopped himself when he heard a sniff.

"You okay there bud?" Ashton asked as he layed his hand on Calum's thigh.

It didn't bother Calum like it had used to. Ashton's touch was electrifying to Calum and it made him blush or feel tingly in his stomach...but not this time.

"I-I could give you a smaller room if that's what you w-want? Please don't cry" Ashton said as he stopped besides the road.

Calum then turned his head. His eyes were ready to cry and his voice was shaky.

"It's not that Ashton" Calum said almost whispering and shaking his head.

His eyes became watery "what is it then?" Ashton asked and gave Calum's thigh a squeeze.

"I-I.." Calum sighed as his head dropped down.

Ashton couldn't seem to understand what was bothering Calum.

"Just spit it out Cal, I won't judge you ever.." Ashton said softly.

"I don't feel good! I'm not happy!" Calum then said as he raised his hands.

It was silent for a second. That was the first time Calum had said it to Ashton's face. He gulped as multiple tears started drooling down Calum's face.

"I just wanna be happy Ash, when I got you back I thought I was happy again, but mentally I wasn't. My brain probably thought that it was a normal thing to smile and now it's saying you'll leave me" Calum said whispering the last part.

"I won't leave you Cal..ever, why would I?" Ashton said as he shook his head.

Calum shook his head "I'm difficult, I am a difficult person..I'm weird..the weirdest one out of the band..I'm the most fucked and messed up person of the band..who likes that?" Calum said while tugging at his sleeves.

"I like that, I can respect that" Ashton said as he putted a hand on Calum's cheek.

"I have a dark mind" Calum whispered.

"Well I can lighten your darkness" Ashton whispered back as he got closer to Calum's face.

Ashton looked at Calum's brown eyes and then took a glance at his lips.

He ran his thumb over Calum's bottom lip and took one last glance before pressing his lips against Calum's.

Calum tensed up "relax" Ashton whispered in between the kiss. Calum obeyed and relaxed under Ashton's touch. His hands gently pressing against Ashton's chest.

The dark daze that was bothering Calum was now gone. He felt the electrifying touch Ashton gave him again.

While it was storming and raining outside they enjoyed the heat and light they had given each other.