12. Blonde

The sounds live feels live tour had ended and Calum just wanted to be home already. He wanted to be cuddled up in his warm blankets and not think about reality for a second.

The media had fucked his image up so bad that he was just done being in public alone. That's why he always walked beside a band mate. He was scared, petrified of what could happen. He was so thankful for his loyal bandmates, he really was.

Right now he was walking next to Michael. He stayed as close as possible to Michael. They were going home together since they lived closer to each other than the other two.

"So what are your plans for the time being?" Michael asked.

Emotional eating, smoking and sleeping Calum thought but refused to give that as an answer. "Uhh..visite my family and just chill" Calum said. "How about you?" Calum asked, being curious about what Mike is gonna do with his free time.

"Visite my family too of course, eat pizza, play video games, work out and sleep" Michael said as he adjusted his beanie. "Michael and working out?" Calum said and chuckled. Michael poked Calum's side. "Oi! I gotta start somewhere" he said. "That's true" Calum agreed and giggeled. "You sure you'll be fine on your own..Cal?" Michael asked. Calum didn't think about that. He didn't think of the fact he was gonna be all alone at his house. It scared him very much. "Cal?" Michael asked, Calum was back into reality. "Sorry i just zoned out for a bit..and uhmm, yeah i'll be fine, thanks Mike"

Calum lied

Calum knew he wouldn't be fine without his bandmates. Calum knew he would do stupid stuff. Tho he didn't wanna bother his bandmates.

"No problem bud" Michael said as they went down a flight of stairs to exit the airport and take a cab.

"Cal i'm thinking of dying my hair blonde, watcha think?" Michael asked. Michael always asked Calum for hair advice. Mainly because the fans loved the choices/colours Calum chose.

"I think that is a great idea, it'll suit you very well" Calum said smiling. "Can you help me later with it, i asked Luke but he was gonna bake cookies with his mom" Michael replied and putted his hands in his pockets. "Of course, that'd be sick!" Calum said. "Thanks Cal...you're a really cool guy you know" Michael said out of the blue. "What do you mean?" Calum asked. "Well you're an amazing human being Cal, is what i'm saying, you're weird, but a good weird! You're a good songwriter, singer and bass player...just overal a good artist and you're so frickin nice to me, i sometimes why you would stick by my side" Michael said. Calum smiled for real this time. "Michael that's so sweet, i'll always stick by your side we're best friends since high school...i'm not gonna waste our friendship" Calum said and smiled widely.

He felt a little better.

"Oh c'mere you little shit!" Michael said and hugged Calum thightly.

"Omg Michael and Calum!"

The two heard before a bunch of screaming fan girls and fan boys were running their way. They started to surround them and Calum was slightly panicking.

He didn't wanna be seen..yet

He wanted to go home and heal. He wanted to take his time before showing himself into the world again. Calum quickly grabbed Michael's hand with his sweater paw. Michael noticed Calum was feeling nervous and gave his hand a squeeze before smiling "we'll be okay" Michael said and took Calum with him trough the crowd.

The two made it safely into a cab and went home.

"You know why the sea is salty?" Michael said randomly as he took a sip of his coffee.

Calum looked at Michael for a second "i don't know, tell me" Calum said.

"Because a whale came in it" Michael said proudly. "Omg Mike!" Calum said not believing what Michael had just said and they both started laughing. "Yeah i'm pretty smart" Michael said. Calum chuckled and layed his head on Michael's shoulder.

"What are you listening to?" Michael said and just grabbed and earphone from Calum.

"Killing me softly! I love that song!" Michael yelled excitedly.

Michael started to sing along, earning a weird look from the driver. He didn't care tho.

"Strumming my pain with his fingers.." Michael sang. Calum decided to join him.

"Singing my life with his words" They sang together and Calum giggeled and pressed himself against Michael's side.

Calum didn't think he would say it but right now he was happy.

Michael on Snapchat

Michael on Snapchat

A few weeks had passed and Calum was at Michael's house. They were watching a movie after Calum had dyed Michael's hair blonde, already missing the flaming red colour.

"Omg don't go under the bed!" Michael yelled as the girl in the horror movie hid under the bed with her flash light. Michael held onto Calum in horror and Calum did the same to Michael.

It was queite for a while in the movie. You could only hear the girl breathing heavily. Michael and Calum both knew that a jumpscare would come and they moved even closer to each other if that was even possible.

Then it happened, the girl got pulled from under the bed in a sudden emotion and the duo screamed out.

"OMG! MY FUCKING HEART" Michael yelled, Calum just let out a high pitched squeek as he his his face in Michael's chest.

"God damn, this is way worse than working out, i feel like i lost my heart" Michael said as he smiled down at his best friend. The both started laughing.

"Atleast we don't have such scary creatures near us" Calum stated.

"Yeah, well there is this one monster tho!" Michael said looking down at Calum. "Mikey, c'mon" Calum said as he started laughing, not believing his best friend. "There is! It would tuck you from under the bed, drag you down the stairs into the basement...and then.." Michael said in a deep but funny voice. "It would tickle you!" Michael then yelled happily before hovering Calum and started to tockle him.

"No Mikey!" Calum giggeled and tried to get out of Michael's grip.

"The tickle monster is real Calum!" Michael said happily and watched as his best friend was laughing his ass off from all the tickles.

"M-mikey stop! I believe you I believe you!" Calum said as his stomach started to hurt from all the laughing.

"Alright..the tickle monster is tired anyways" Michael said as he fell back on his couch.

"You and Ashton are both annoying tickle monsters" Calum said before dropping himself onto Michael's chest and pulling the blanket over them. Cuddling was a normal thing for them.

"I'm not annoying! You little shit" Michael said and messed up Calum's hair. It came out more as stroking his hair.

"That actually feels good, do that again please" Calum said.

"Too bad, you called me annoying" Michael said smirking.

Calum pouted his lip "Please Mikey.." Calum asked. Michael rolled his eyes "fine, only because it's you" Michael said and held his hand trough Calum's hair. The small boy relaxed under his touch and closed his eyes.

"Thank you, Michael"