8

Next day
8:00am

Ken

Today De'arra is taking me to meet her parents. Damn,a nigga nervous.

      "But for real babe what if they don't like me?"I questioned De'arra."They'll love you,now get yo ass in the car...or I will,"she said hopping in. I took a deep breath and got in.

________________

I could smell a meal from someone's oven that made my mouth water. We walked up to this cute house. De'arra knocked."You ready?"she asked. I nodded still a bit nervous. The door swung opened and there stood a woman looking almost the same as De'arra."Hi baby,"she greeted De'arra."You must be Ken,"she added,smiling widely. I smiled back as she widened the door for De'arra and I to enter. We entered,I saw a man,most definitely De'arra's dad and a beautiful girl.

"Honey,this is Ken,"Mrs Walker introduced right before De'arra was about to

"Honey,this is Ken,"Mrs Walker introduced right before De'arra was about to. Her father walked over to me holding out his hand,"Nice to meet you Ken." I shook his hand,"Nice to meet you too Mr Walk-,"I said but being cut off when he pulled me into a hug."Mane,we family now,"he said. I laughed at his sudden move."And feel free to call me Nic,"he said,after he pulled away."So,my daughter,where you found such gentleman?"he asked excitedly."Oh,we were partners on one of his businesses,"she said boldly. "Wow,you and I need to have a talk,"Nic said patting my shoulders. I felt happy already. Especially that her dad that cool towards me. Every nigga know how hard it is to meet they girl dad."You have someone else to meet,"De'arra said getting up."Yup,a little one,"her mother added. De'arra walked me over to the couch where the little girl sat and stood in front of me."Baby,I got someone for you to meet,"she said. The little girl got up and walked to De'arra noticing me."Is that Ken Swanson?"she questioned excitedly. De'arra moved from in front of me,"Uhm,yeah." Hayley,I think is her name ran up to me,hugging my legs."Oh my God! It's him for real,"she yelled. I cheesed hard at De'arra as she was dying of laughter."I watch your videos like almost everyday,"Hayley said pulling away. I bent down to her height."Why thank you little miss,"I said. She was literally short for her age. "Well,you not only gone he his fan...,"De'arra started."Wait,wait,wait,are you for real? Is it my birthday yet?"she asked happily. Thus is gonna be so awesome!!"Hayley yelled."I think so too,now why don't we go play some games?"I questioned."Yeah,yeah!"she jumped. I lifted her and brought her to her toys."So Hayley...,"I began."How do you know my name?"she asked,concerned and still having that excitement in her voice."Yo mama says it like everyday,"I admitted."So you're gonna be my new Dad,"Hayley said,playing with her barbie doll."Well,yeah,but not like you're real one,"I said,trying to explain it in the best way I can. She looked up at me."I know,I'm just so happy,"she said putting down the doll and moving to a next one."Heard about your dad,"I said,trying to start a conversation."Yeah. No lies,I love him but...,"Hayley shook her head."Look,"I said. She immediately looked at me."I'm not gonna tell you to hate your dad,but I'm nothing like him and I came into you and your mom's life to make you both happy,"I lectured."Is it okay if I call you daddy?"she questioned looking away."Yeah,that'd be okay ,"I said. She hugged me,"Thank you daddy." I smiled and kissed her forehead,"I love you too." I spot a play car beside the next couch. It couldn't be for Hayley cause by the way she act,I think she da girly type." Who's car is that?"I questioned Hayley. She turned around and spot it."Mines of course,"she said,going over to it. I walked over and st watching her play. I grabbed my phone and took a picture,happy that Hayley and De'arra's parents cool with me.