I Fall Apart

(one of my favourite songs and goes perfectly with this chapter I think)

Archer's pov

*One weeks later*

The sound of my phone vibrating away on my side table filled the otherwise silent room, shooting upright in bed as I starting fumbling around to find, the bright light almost blinding me once I do pull it in front of my face, fuck why do I never turn down the brightness before bed. The time was the first thing I notice, three thirty-two am, who the hell would text me at this time but as another text come through from the same person it all made sense.

Damon – will be back tomorrow

Tell dad that I will explain everything when I get there

I quickly answer back because what the hell was he playing at, he'd gone missing just over a week ago without a single text to anyone, dad had been worried sick thinking something really terrible had happened to him, after the search parties came back with no information he went into fully on panicked daddy mode and locked his self away in his office trying to get in contact with him.

Archer – where the hell have you been!!!

Damon – I'll explain when I get there

Damon - Night

Night, night! He wakes me up at this time with some coded assed messages, only to say night, I would say what was he playing at but the whole situation was so Damon like there's no point.

Swinging my tired legs out the bed and grabbing a pair of red checked pyjama pants from the draw, I head downstairs to dad's office to tell him the good news, why Damon couldn't have just texted him himself instead of going through me I'll never know.

Least now he can stop worry that his future alpha will never return, which was his exact words the other day when I found him in his office, a couple bottle deep in whisky, lounging on his black leather office chair. He looked a total mess but not showering in a few days does that to you, I guess.

...

I go straight in not bothering to knock and find him in the exact same position as before, a bottle of whisky in one hand as he looks over pages of information, thick black circles under his eyes from not sleeping and a head full of greasy dark locks and the smell, god I thought boys locker rooms were bad in school, with that pungent BO smell well this, tops that.

He notices me straight away from the little head tilt in my direction but he doesn't speak just goes straight back to the pages, so I go around the desk to look over his shoulder and its every dominant in the pack's record, he's really looking for who could take over if Damon wasn't to return.

  Okay yeah that a big slap in the face at my pride but also I knew I'd never be Alpha a long time ago, if it wasn't Damon it would be someone else, just because you're the current Alpha's son, doesn't mean shit if you haven't got the dominant genetics to go along with it and while I may hold a few, I didn't have enough to count but also how dramatic, the only way Damon wouldn't come back for his title would be if he died, which he didn't.

"He'll be back tomorrow" dads head shoots up as I say that, tired eyes looking desperately into my own longing for more information "he just texted me, said he'll explain everything" I shrug, this whole situation is annoying, would anyone care this much if I went off for a few days or would life just carry on as normal, I try to push the depressing thoughts out my head as I realise dads been speaking to me as I zone back in from my internal pity party.